Thread Rating:
RIFC
Dave King is apparently 'optimistic' about something. Not entirely sure whether it's buying a stake in Rangers or just being involved in raising temporary finance, but the fact he didn't want to comment to the BBC is certainly a step in the right direction.
I heard something to, but so far nowt definate
Sorry guys, but the prospect of King's involvement chills me to the bone.

Paul Murray, Martin Bain, more funds for a contract extension for McCoist plus more millions to xxxx waste on pointless transfers.

All backed by endless taunts from them about 'fit and proper person', accusations of financial impropriety and more SFA investigations into his suitability.

We'd be run by a crook. A real one at that.

No thanks.

There's a reason the press all seem to be backing King over Ashley, and it's not a bona fide display of altruism towards Rangers fans. It's because they've already got their malodorous headlines written.
Here's an article about this matter (nothing on the Rangers website atm).

Skysports - Former Rangers director Dave King holds fresh meetings at Ibrox

Ashley & Easdales v King & Co = Frying Pan versus Fire.
AVFC RFC SAFC
(09-10-2014, 22:11)Trusevich Wrote: I didn't see what you posted struth, but I concur wholeheartedly. Thumb up

(15-10-2014, 02:25)Trusevich Wrote: Sorry guys, but the prospect of King's involvement chills me to the bone.

Paul Murray, Martin Bain, more funds for a contract extension for McCoist plus more millions to **** waste on pointless transfers.

All backed by endless taunts from them about 'fit and proper person', accusations of financial impropriety and more SFA investigations into his suitability.

We'd be run by a crook. A real one at that.

No thanks.

There's a reason the press all seem to be backing King over Ashley, and it's not a bona fide display of altruism towards Rangers fans. It's because they've already got their malodorous headlines written.

We've been getting screwed by real crooks for years including the current mob. King, Latham and Murray are at least lifelong Fans.
I'd be happy for King to get involved now enough is enough, we need the club run properly and getting shot of Ally would be a big step in the right Direction.
Ally McCoist has to play the diplomat in these boardroom squabbles, evidence here :

Skysports - McCoist welcomes investment

As for Dave King and this £16M investment, I'll believe it when I see it !
AVFC RFC SAFC
It is sounding less likely now that King wont get the 75% needed as Easdales group holding and Ashley are determined to keep their hold and status quo. Big mistake imo and i feel if this is the case then it is going to finish a chunk of the support.
Did you really expect them to roll over Struth?
There's a chunk of the 'support' that the club need cleansed of, though struth. Thoroughly cleansed of. They know who they are. SoS and their veiled calls for a boycott of the St Johnstone 1/4 final (never mind their never-ending campaign of lies, deceit, scaremongering and rabble-rousing) doesn't help anyone.

Any fan who actively tries to hurt the club should be banned sine die.

-----------------------------------------

I get the feeling that King will shortly find out the fatal flaw in his whole sordid, underhand scheme to wrest control of the club - namely that if he wants to have a say in how Rangers are run, he needs to buy some shares. Just think if he'd bought just enough to ensure that his funding proposal would be accepted . . .

His stubborn resistance in not buying shares in the club on the open market reveals one of three things: He is either -

1: A businessman with an extraordinary lack of foresight.
2: What is commonly known as 'xxxx-ing at it'.
3: A brainless xxxx-wit.

For the record, I don't think for a second that option 1 or 3 are true.

Having said all that, I'm becoming less and less thrilled about the spectre of Mike Ashley moving among us. Sure, if funds are needed then he will undoubtedly be in a position to offer a "funding solution", but at what cost?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »