Thread Rating:
Mark Warburton
Trusevich Wrote:
Larry-AV Wrote:Quite a compliment :

Rangers boss Mark Warburton just like Walter Smith, says Andy Goram

Ah right, he must mean the '91 - '98 Walter Smith, not the '07 - '11 Walter Smith, because the difference in playing style between Warburton's current style and the previous Smith/McCoist incarnations is like comparing night and day.

Or like the Paleolithic compared to the Modern Age.

The former is the Walter he worked with.
Trusevich likes this post
30/04/2016 : I have just watched MW's presser from yesterday, in which he mentioned 'the Spurs game'.
So, Rangers will be playing Tottenham Hotspur for the fitness match in May. What a surprise !  Laugh

Rangers FC - Video: Manager Press Conference
supercooper likes this post
AVFC RFC SAFC
I cant see that side containing any of their first team. Still it should be a good run out against a side that wants to play football.
30/05/2016 : It looks like Hibernian could lose their Manager to Rotherham United.

Skysports - Hibernian allow Alan Stubbs to hold talks with Rotherham

I suppose we must prepare ourselves for similar, in maybe 5 years time, when Tottenham Hotspur ask Rangers if they can speak to Mark Warburton.  Big Grin
AVFC RFC SAFC
I'll be delighted if Warburton's still here in 5 years. It'll mean things have been going well for us between now and then.
So do I he's a pish manager.
(31-05-2016, 09:30)El Car Wrote: I'll be delighted if Warburton's still here in 5 years. It'll mean things have been going well for us between now and then.

Mark Warburton is a Spurs Fan. Now I cannot see Pochettino leaving Tottenham any time soon, but 5 years might be realistic. During those 5 years Mark Warburton and David Weir will be fully engaged in re-establishing and keeping Rangers at the pinnacle of Scottish football and campaigning in Europe too.

It will be an ongoing task which neither MW nor DW will abandon, so no EPL Club will tempt them away except, possibly, Tottenham Hotspur with MW ... in maybe 5 years time, with the emphasis on 'maybe'.
AVFC RFC SAFC
Hahahahaha he's a shit manager one dimensional he's no plan b.
First manager in over a 100 years to lose a scottish cup final to hibs Laugh He's quality.

Anyway yer lucky to get 2/3 seasons out of a manager these days.Warbiola will be no different.
(31-05-2016, 14:16)Larry-AV Wrote:
(31-05-2016, 09:30)El Car Wrote: I'll be delighted if Warburton's still here in 5 years. It'll mean things have been going well for us between now and then.

Mark Warburton is a Spurs Fan. Now I cannot see Pochettino leaving Tottenham any time soon, but 5 years might be realistic. During those 5 years Mark Warburton and David Weir will be fully engaged in re-establishing and keeping Rangers at the pinnacle of Scottish football and campaigning in Europe too.

It will be an ongoing task which neither MW nor DW will abandon, so no EPL Club will tempt them away except, possibly, Tottenham Hotspur with MW ... in maybe 5 years time, with the emphasis on 'maybe'.

I don't know. I mean, he seems committed enough to building something at Rangers but if a decent size club in England came knocking I think he'd be tempted, though probably only if he had the same freedom we give him. Managers are no different from players in that respect.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »