Thread Rating:
Rangers FC - International Call-Ups
(01-04-2016, 14:37)Fredstersafool Wrote: He never done much of a job in 86 did he??

SAF inadvertently took over from Jock Stein after the big man's tragic death during the crucial group match v Wales and managed to overcome the Aussies to qualify for Mexico '86 in a two leg quali tie but he was never gonna be the Scotland manager for too long anyway! The Scotland WC campaign in Mexico was tied up in 'a group of death' that had an on form Danish side playing very well and W Germany, although beaten by the Danes, playing reasonably well too. Throw in the combative Uruguayans in a physical horror show v Scotland and that group was a poor draw for Scotland but it certainly must have provided SAF with valuable experience at that level as he matured and moved on to greater achievements elsewhere.
Thanks for the memories 0762 haha,
Infact the now national manager had an impact on that world cup scored against West Germany and got them angry lol and i'm sure it was a tackle on him in the first minutes that saw the Uruguayan being ordered off.
12/05/2016 : These call-ups for Scotland's international friendlies will give neither Lee Wallace nor Barrie McKay much of a break this year, with Rangers' pre-season starting on June 18th.

Rangers FC - Wallace and McKay Called Up

Sunday 29/05/2016 : Italy 19:45 Scotland

Saturday 04/06/2016 : France 20:00 Scotland

There is a specific thread for these call-ups.
AVFC RFC SAFC
Aye, but I couldn't be bothered trawling for it.
(12-05-2016, 15:44)TheWorthinGer Wrote: Aye, but I couldn't be bothered trawling for it.

An ambiguous message from me ! ... I meant the Wallace McKay thread you set-up, Worthing.
AVFC RFC SAFC
Larry-AV Wrote:
TheWorthinGer Wrote:Aye, but I couldn't be bothered trawling for it.

An ambiguous message from me ! ... I meant the Wallace McKay thread you set-up, Worthing.

Not to worry.  I've an ambivalent attitude.
25/05/2016 : SSN have just announced that Lee Wallace and Alan Hutton have withdrawn from the Scotland Squad.

I don't recall anyone duffing-up Alan Hutton !
AVFC RFC SAFC
tae be fair larry, naebody duffed up wallace,unless the guy in the pictures arms are aboot 15 ft long
For the record, Lee Wallace withdrew from the Scotland squad due to a hamstring injury.
AVFC RFC SAFC
one minute everybody on here was moaning because wallace wisnae in a scotland squad. then when he's picked for one everybody's on here moaning cause the friendly internationalsv widnae gie the rangers players time tae prepare for europe after they won the scottish cup. wonder if this is so he can prepare properly for next season
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »