Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
The Players Championship

Top quality field headed by Speith, McIlroy, Day, Fowler, Matuyama, Garcia, Rose, Scott, Dustin Johnson, Watson & Stenson.

None of the above really catch my eye for the prices although we could all be made to look silly if Speith or Day coasts home by six shots. This course suits players who are accurate off the tee & are good on GIR in my opinion so I am looking for all rounders who are capable of four good rounds.

Branden Grace 40/1

Won at the Heritage last month and 9th at the Texas Open show that he is in decent form and this course should be to his liking. Rate his chances as better than players half his price.

Danny Willett 50/1

Suggestions that he might be undercooked have given us a decent price. Willett doesn't play to make up the numbers. He has only played six tournaments this year but has won two of them and has a third place. I expect him to be a serious contender this week.

Charley Hoffman 70/1

Won the Texas Open last month and with three consecutive Top 15 finishes is in good nick at the moment. Good value at this price.

Kevin Kisner 100/1

Runner up here last year so loves the course. A better player now with a win at the RSM Classic, a second at the HSBC and ninth at the Tournament of Champions. If he is on his A Game then he will be close.

Bill Haas 100/1

Fifth here a year ago and in a decent run of form with 9th, 8th, 2nd & 9th already this year. could be right there on Sunday.

Good Luck!
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Mauritius Open (Day One)

Andrew Dodt leads the way on -6, two ahead of Khan & Rahman. The pack are closely grouped so it is still pretty open.

Scott Hend 12/1 Par Tied 22nd

JeungHun Wang 20/1 -3 Tied 4th

Haydn Porteous 28/1 +1 Tied 36th

Max Orrin 40/1 +3 Tied 71st

Chris Hanson 80/1 Par Tied 22nd
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
The Players Championship (Day One)

It could end as a procession with Jason Day already two clear on -9 ahead of Tringale, Lowry, Rose, Haas & Steele. Other big names - Els -6, Zach Johnson -5, Matsuyama -4, Poulter -3, Bubba -3, Mickelson -2, Snedeker -1, Furyk -1, Speith Par, Garcia Par, Fowler Par, Oosthuizen Par, McIlroy Par, Scott +1, Stenson +5.

Mixed day for our guys with Haas right in there at -7. The rest have a bit to do and Day might run away with this one.

Branden Grace 40/1 Par Tied 83rd

Danny Willett 50/1 -2 Tied 41st

Charley Hoffman 70/1 +1 Tied 103rd

Kevin Kisner 100/1 +2 Tied 118th

Bill Haas 100/1 -7 Tied 2nd
Players Championship:

Rickie Fowler E
Dustin Johnson -2
Brandt Snedeker -1
Brooks Koepka -6
Matthew Fitzpatrick -3
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Mauritius Open (Day Two)

Dodt leads by three from Wang. Only seven players are under par which includes Colsaert, who broke the course record with a 65 yesterday. We have three players in great shape for a place with Wang a likely winner.

Scott Hend 12/1 +2 Tied 12th

JeungHun Wang 20/1 -5 2nd

Haydn Porteous 28/1 +4 Tied 32nd

Max Orrin 40/1 +8 Tied 87th

Chris Hanson 80/1 +1 Tied 10th

The Players Championship (Day Two)

Day is three shots clear on -14. Our guys have a bit to do with the cut likely to be at -2 but a few players still have to finish their second round. Notable scores: Lowry -11, Zach Johnson -8, McIlroy -8, Garcia -6, Scott -6, Kuchar -6, Matsuyama -5, Oosthuizen -5, Els -5, Rose -5, Watson -4, Dustin Johnson -4, Poulter -4, Mcdowell -2, Furyk -2, Fowler -1, Fitzpatrick -1, Willett -1, Mickelson -1, Speith -1, Snedeker +3, Stenson +6.

Branden Grace 40/1 -3 Tied 59th

Danny Willett 50/1 -1 Tied 75th

Charley Hoffman 70/1 Par Tied 93rd

Kevin Kisner 100/1 +1 Tied 101st

Bill Haas 100/1 -6 Tied 22nd
Mauritius Open (Day Three)

Rahman leads by one from Wang after Dodt blew up on the back nine. Only five players under par & we have two of them although Colsaert could be dangerous.

Scott Hend 12/1 -1 5th

JeungHun Wang 20/1 -6 2nd

Haydn Porteous 28/1 +4 Tied 25th

Chris Hanson 80/1 +3 Tied 14th
The Players Championship (Day Three)

Day is four shots clear on -14 from Matsuyama, Duke & Cjeka. Our guys are out of it. Enjoy the procession.

Branden Grace 40/1 +4 Tied 67th

Bill Haas 100/1 -1 Tied 40th
Mauritius Open (Day Four)

BOOM!!

JeungHun Wang wins the Mauritius Open for us at 20/1 after a birdie at the 72nd hole.

Scott Hend 12/1 +4 Tied 12th

JeungHun Wang 20/1 -6 WINNER

Haydn Porteous 28/1 +7 Tied 34th

Chris Hanson 80/1 +7 Tied 34th
Owlkev71 likes this post
Short on time this week but here are my Irish Open Bets.

Rafaiel Cabrera Bello 35/1
Thorbjorn Olesen 55/1
Andrew Johnston 80/1

Good Luck!
(19-05-2016, 01:43)madsteve Wrote: Short on time this week but here are my Irish Open Bets.

Rafaiel Cabrera Bello 35/1
Thorbjorn Olesen 55/1
Andrew Johnston 80/1

Good Luck!

Irish Open

The Irish Open is back at the K Club & while we have some course form, it is a bit dated. Rory McIlroy is the 4/1 Favourite with other names including Willett, Lowry, Knox, Luiten, McDowell & Westwood.

I can find reasons for not backing any of the above - McIlroy just isn't a worthy 4/1 favourite, Willett seems under cooked, Lowry is poor value at 18/1, Knox doesn't justify 28/1, Luiten has form but is probably too short, McDowell & Westwood need to step up to win. All which leaves me looking for longer shots.

My gut feeling is that the course will favour GIR players but not 100% on this so being flexible.

Rafael Cabrera Bello 35/1

I think length could be a great advantage here & RCB has been pretty consistent this season. He had a bad week last week at Sawgrass but before that had seven Top 20 finishes out of eight, four of them Top Five finishes. He is much improved around the green & he will be winning soon.

Thorbjorn Olesen 55/1

Olesen is a bit inconsistent but if he can put four decent rounds together then he should go close at a decent price. He often performs well in poor conditions and the forecast is that there may be wind & rain.

Andrew Johnston 80/1

Won the Spanish Open last month where he topped the stats for GIR & Driving Accuracy, qualities that will see him right up there. Far better form than most of the favourites here and great value.

I quite like Luiten 33/1, Wiesberger 40/1, Rock 100/1, Lorenzo-Vera 300/1, 

Good Luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »