Thread Rating:
Match Thread - SWFC v MK Dons
(20-04-2016, 22:24)peiowl Wrote: In contrast to imre, MS's post makes sense and gives a level-headed verdict on our players. Thumb up

Now, Maddix will have to close his eyes on what follows. It has anti-nuhui content. Whistle Whistle

FFS CC don't listen to imre. That donkey must not start on Satdi. Nothing against Nuhiu as a human being but as a footballer, he doesn't cut it at this level. He couldn't hit a barn door from 5 yards. Start Joao. He's scored more goals and though he's on a lean spell, there's always a chance he'll score. Thumb up Thumb up

bbc play-by-play. "Attempt missed" by nuhiu. Over and over again. Hit the crosbar. Nuhui again. Hello. We don't get any points for doing that. Doh Doh

Now you can look Maddix. Whistle Whistle Laugh Laugh

what are you talking about you stupid old TWAT Whistle  ive not once mentioned on this thread any players acheivments from last night ? neither to play Nuhui the next game ? you realy need to stop shiting out of your mouth Thumb up

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/hirst...71590.aspx Dare i say it but this Young Hirst lad reminds me off someone ? and i do hope he gets to play for us sooner rather than later when its too late !!
A LB, RB and we can start looking serious. Like 'Boro
George Hirst is one for the future, not for now. His next step should be a season long loan in League 1 or 2, then we will see where he is at.

(21-04-2016, 05:29)Statesideowl Wrote: A  LB, RB and we can start looking serious. Like 'Boro

If we get promoted we will need more than that, but that's a discussion for this summer!!! Whistle
(21-04-2016, 02:00)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(20-04-2016, 23:48)madsteve Wrote: Actually, I probably would start Nuhiu on Saturday but the formation is the key thing. I think Joao is more effective but if we start Nuhiu with FF & Hooper then we should do ok with a view to bringing on Joao for Nuhiu after an hour.

A draw is little use to us in getting a playoff spot so we need to go for the win. Maybe the best way is keep it tight for an hour then go for it.

Isn't that what CC does now when he starts 442??  We always seem to keep it tight, then he changes the faces and formation and we burst into life, and invariably it has worked for us because we are still 6th!!  I for one would like to batter Derby in the first half, make them worried about being in a real game instead of being comfortable already in the playoffs and make them think about pulling out of challenges in a meaningless game to them to save themselves from injuries for the playoffs!!  Lets up the tempo from minute one for a change!!!

Not against that tactic either although a 4-0 beating means Cardiff can catch us on goal difference if they beat us.

My point is that the 442 isn't working. At home, we usually end up 0-0 at ht but away we usually go behind like at Charlton, MK, Bristol City etc. Three in CM makes us more competitive, particularly if Hutchinson is one of those three.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Never mind the formations, for me the players on the field were good enough to beat mk Dons and didn't !! We have run out of gas no matter how we try fudge it around.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
I'm with MS with this one, Charlton, Rotherham, Ipswich & MK Dons we started 442 in each and weren't at the races until we adjusted the formation. Derby will play 433 so we need to play an extra man in central midfield or I fear a 3 or 4 nil thrashing

Did they looked like they had run out of gas in the 2nd half v MK Dons???
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(21-04-2016, 06:06)St Charles Owl Wrote: George Hirst is one for the future, not for now. His next step should be a season long loan in League 1 or 2, then we will see where he is at.

(21-04-2016, 05:29)Statesideowl Wrote: A  LB, RB and we can start looking serious. Like 'Boro

If we get promoted we will need more than that, but that's a discussion for this summer!!! Whistle

You never know Charlie, Ipswich fielded their star kid (Dozzell) and it paid off for them.

We also need to watch our discipline it's becoming poor.

We have hot blooded players like Bannan, Pudil , Hutchinson and Wallace. Fessi is the ref's fave Doh

All these players are likely to be carded so we have to be more careful. Especially when we have to consider the Referees Association pool money was on us NOT being in the Playoffs Laugh

Yes we will get pasted if we try more of that ignorant 442 rubbish against Derby, Hughes will rape us in midfield we have to shut him down immediately. This is the game where Nuhiu should probably start to wear them down.

it's disappointing because a month ago some of us could see the fatigue setting in, the lack of depth in the squad, it doesn't seem like we prepared ourselves for it. It was truly remarkable how we performed without Bannan.
i dont buy into any off that bollocks on bringing them along loaning them out shit ? its never once worked in our favour look at recent times Palmer and o yes Helan will be out off this world when he comes back wont he ( poo poo talk ) Did you see that goal or what ? he looked exactly like his dad !! hes no fear he doesnt get pushed around hes faster than hooper and nuhui combined and he knows where the net is ? all the qualitys for loaning him out then ( ffs wake up man ) im not saying play him this season im saying give him a chance next season and bring him on slowly !! if we dont introduce him to playing infront off a proper crowd then how are we ever going to know ?
WE are not running out of gas. We are finishing games well with plenty of energy but we are only playing in the second half because of conceding the first half playing 442. Formation is almost everything these days & explains why we draw mainly with top six sides, beat mid table sides & lose to bottom six sides.

If we played three in CM against the bottom six sides, we would have about 6-10 more points now. We also need to convert draws into wins against top six sides as they are what we are going to face mainly in the next month.
Owlkev71 likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
If A play off spot is guaranteed by the Wolves game, I would like to see Hirsty on the bench!
Imre varadi likes this post
JUST SAYING LIKE!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »