Thread Rating:
Match Thread - SWFC v MK Dons
Wallace I can believe it was a straight red. I've seen his short fuse a few times almost get him marching orders.

Fessi, well we clearly have a bias being implemented here don't we?

Not sure we can say it was an unlucky night. Hitting the post and bar doesn't count as a shot on target, so it's as good as missing Doh Kicking the ball about and looking pretty doesn't mean shit if you can't score..

3rd choice keeper in the net recovering from back spasms and we didn't make him div about, peppering him from long range, Some stupid decisions made not only by the officials.

Imre, completely agree. nothing is ever going to change in this corrupt system. there's no recourse for the victims of blatant biased/cheating refs. We can go on about it all day. But brown envelopes passed backwards do all the real talking.

Still relying on the results of others around us, (e.g Cardiffs previous 3 games in a row now) Whether you want to believe it or not. We are where we are due to Cardiff being shite and not taking their opportunities to pass us.

Thankfully it looks good, we're almost booked in for the PO, A prospect that is truly exciting!!!. I can't say I'm happy with the form leading in to it though, nor will we win anything playing 442.
Another Small Step

Another frustrating night with two points slipping away, ones that probably will make little difference in the outcome for our season but ones that may just fray the nerves of fans a bit more. Most of the problems were self induced. Again the first & biggest problem was CC playing 442 from the start, meaning that we wasted 45 minutes playing a system that doesn't suit our players. We had no height or pace up front which meant that MK could play a high line with little threat of us using pace to exploit them. Also we had no out ball except for FF or Hooper coming short which meant it took us 20+ passes to reach the final third.

The first half went exactly as I predicted once I heard our team.

Things changed in the second half with Nuhiu replacing Lopez. It wasn't that Lopez played badly or Nuhiu played well but the change to a 4321 formation that made the difference. CC is repeating the same mistake week after week with his starting line up, which is getting increasingly worrying. Nuhiu gave the ball away three times before he went on a mazy run, beating three players before hitting a great pass to get the fans chanting his name.

The situation called for cool heads. Unfortunately, a few individuals let us down badly. The referee (a late replacement so inexperienced at this level) had taken the "let a few tackles go" approach until Lees made a tackle from behind. It was a routine yellow card except for the fact that he had let several similar challenges go unpunished. It appeared that the referee had switched to more normal carding attitude when Hooper was carded for a late tackle.

What happened next was partly unfortunate & partly self induced. FF was wrongly yellow carded for simulation when he was taken out by a defender. Even Carl Robinson acknowledged this was the case. However, Ross Wallace's behaviour was inexcusable & the red card inevitable. He was lucky he wasn't seen doing the same thing against Ipswich.

It called for cool heads yet Nuhiu was waving his arms around & throwing his body around like a nutter and Bannan and Pudil were both lucky not to get red cards, Pudil for a wild challenge and Bannan for kicking an opponent off the ball. We need more players with a temperament like Lees or Loovens in the heat of battle.

In the game, we peppered the MK goal and hit the woodwork four times - Pudil twice, Nuhiu & Bannan. FF was close several times while Nuhiu & Bannan missed simple chances.

Westwood - 6 - little to do
Hunt - 5 - still a defensive liability, luckily MK didn't take advantage. Derby will.
Lees - 7 - solid job
Loovens - 7 - outstanding again
Pudil - 9 - solid defensively and great going forward
Wallace - 5 - bright in parts, stupid red card
Lopez - 6 - neat & tidy
Lee - 6 - neat but refuses to shoot
Bannan - 5 - lost on left, better after switch to 4321
Hooper - 5 - struggled in 442, better second half, lacks confidence
FF - 8 - nothing first half, unplayable second half
Nuhiu - 6 - wasted several decent chances
Joao - only on a couple of minutes

Stat Attack:

Goals: 0

Assists: 0

Touches: 78 - Bannan, 71 - Pudil, 62 - Loovens, 56 - Lee, 53 - Hunt, 52 - FF, 51 - Lees, 48 - Wallace, 42 - Westwood, 40 - Lopez, 28 - Hooper, 27 - Nuhiu, 2 - Joao

Tackles: 4 - Lee, 2 - Hunt, Pudil, Bannan, 1 - Lees, Lopez, FF

Interceptions: 3 - Bannan, 2 - Hunt, Loovens, Lees, Lee, FF, 1 - Pudil, Lopez, Nuhiu

Clearances: 10 - Lees, 4 - Loovens, 2 - Lee, 1 - Hunt, Pudil, Bannan, Joao

Attempts: 7 - Nuhiu, 4 - FF, 2 - Lees, Pudil, Wallace, 1 - Loovens, Lopez, Bannan

Attempts On Target: 2 - Wallace, 1 - Lees, FF

Key Passes: 5 - Lee, 3 - Pudil, Wallace, 1 - Loovens, Lopez, Bannan, FF

Dribbles: 2 - Hunt, FF, Nuhiu, 1 - Pudil, Lopez, Bannan

Dispossessed: 3 - Bannan, 2 - Loovens, Nuhiu, 1 - Hunt, Lee, Hooper

Bad Control: 2 - Wallace, FF, Hooper, 1 - Hunt, Lopez, Bannan

Crosses (Accurate in brackets): 15 - Wallace (5), 9 - Pudil (3), 4 - Hunt (1), Bannan (1), FF (2), 2 - Lee (0), 1 - Hooper (0)

Passing Accuracy (Total Passes in Brackets):

Lopez - 89% (35), Lee 86% (44), FF - 86% (36), Loovens - 85% (54), Bannan - 84% (62), Hooper - 81% (26), Pudil - 80% (55), Lees - 73% (30), Wallace - 70% (27), Westwood - 65% (20), Hunt - 64% (36), Nuhiu - 39% (13)

In the second halves, we have looked great recently and could easily start banging in the goals again soon but we start too slowly with a formation that doesn't work for us which means that we will struggle to get a decent first leg playoff lead against a team like Brighton or Burnley, meaning we might need to get a 0-0 away and pray we can win on penalties.
Towinjustonce, Owlkev71, Thurnscoe_OWL And 4 others like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
What did Wallace do MS Huh apart from be a stupid bastard Angry
and complicated
In contrast to imre, MS's post makes sense and gives a level-headed verdict on our players. Thumb up

Now, Maddix will have to close his eyes on what follows. It has anti-nuhui content. Whistle Whistle

FFS CC don't listen to imre. That donkey must not start on Satdi. Nothing against Nuhiu as a human being but as a footballer, he doesn't cut it at this level. He couldn't hit a barn door from 5 yards. Start Joao. He's scored more goals and though he's on a lean spell, there's always a chance he'll score. Thumb up Thumb up

bbc play-by-play. "Attempt missed" by nuhiu. Over and over again. Hit the crosbar. Nuhui again. Hello. We don't get any points for doing that. Doh Doh

Now you can look Maddix. Whistle Whistle Laugh Laugh
"God Save the King."
I don't mind you posting that PEI Thumb up although at times I think you can be a bit harsh on the lad Whistle

I've never thought of Dave as the Messiah, if he was called Brian maybe I would have been suckered in Wink I just accepted that for a time he was the best option we had and that says a lot about where we were/are.

I mean, that FF is total wank Angry we need someone like Ronaldo instead Thumb up

Don't ever forget that without Atdhe's contribution last season we may have been looking at winning the pub league this season Cool
and complicated
Noopoo pulled off some fancy footwork near the touchline actually it was quite surprising, retaining possession and taking on 3 Dons players
(20-04-2016, 22:57)Statesideowl Wrote: Noopoo pulled off some fancy footwork near the touchline actually it was quite surprising, retaining possession and taking on 3 Dons players

And then followed by a sublime cross field pass to someone else who then failed to score Whistle Whistle Whistle
I won't get into a pro/anti noopoo debate. I just don't want him starting on Satdi. It's time we put this play off berth to bed. Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up
"God Save the King."
Actually, I probably would start Nuhiu on Saturday but the formation is the key thing. I think Joao is more effective but if we start Nuhiu with FF & Hooper then we should do ok with a view to bringing on Joao for Nuhiu after an hour.

A draw is little use to us in getting a playoff spot so we need to go for the win. Maybe the best way is keep it tight for an hour then go for it.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
(20-04-2016, 23:48)madsteve Wrote: Actually, I probably would start Nuhiu on Saturday but the formation is the key thing. I think Joao is more effective but if we start Nuhiu with FF & Hooper then we should do ok with a view to bringing on Joao for Nuhiu after an hour.

A draw is little use to us in getting a playoff spot so we need to go for the win. Maybe the best way is keep it tight for an hour then go for it.

Isn't that what CC does now when he starts 442??  We always seem to keep it tight, then he changes the faces and formation and we burst into life, and invariably it has worked for us because we are still 6th!!  I for one would like to batter Derby in the first half, make them worried about being in a real game instead of being comfortable already in the playoffs and make them think about pulling out of challenges in a meaningless game to them to save themselves from injuries for the playoffs!!  Lets up the tempo from minute one for a change!!!
peiowl likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »