Thread Rating:
Match Thread - Bristol City v SWFC
Ill upset the lot of the fuckers at wembley !! they had better get ready !! theyll be an assembley when imres at wembley to move out the way.... everyone !!

(09-04-2016, 18:41)OvalOwl Wrote: I'll do my best to get us a good result next week lads. The last few games before today I've been talking to the g/f on the phone for some of the game. She was busy today so I haven't.

Next week I'm taking her out for a special occasion so Wednesday can fewk right off! She don't want me in a mardy mood all night I can tell thee!

G/F as in girlfriend ?? your 40 odd years old WTF ? Do you give here sweaties for certain chores ?
(09-04-2016, 22:34)Maddix Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 22:21)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 22:02)peiowl Wrote: Now CC is resorting to platitudes and cliches:

"It was a day off for us in the Championship. It is a long competition and you get accidents along the way.

"We started strongly, moving the ball well and creating good chances. The players thought it was going to be easy and their heads went into the clouds.
"It was hard to understand the first half. After the second goal we lost control of the game and Bristol deserved to be three goals up
"The second half was different. Again they scored from their first attack, but we were more like ourselves. We should have had a penalty when Marco Matias was fouled and kept fighting to the end."

Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh

Not sure what else we could expect him to say??  He has always been pretty level headed win or lose and he is not going to change now.  He focuses on one game at a time and tries to keep the players that way as well.  He is also very positive so I wouldn't expect him to slag off the players in public.

He'd better f'uck their arses in private after today  Angry 

I can take a loss but not in that manner  Angry 

We competed for about 7 minutes out of the 90  Angry  Fair play to JP  Thumb up Thank you for pulling the plug on WW  Cool
Exactly and to answer sco's question he could have given a proper critique and spared is all the cliches, platitudes and childish metaphors. We're big boys. We can handle the truth. So should the players. Professionals aren't they? Confused
"God Save the King."
complete wag of bank
It was complete amateur hour, How carlos named a side and didn't notice 6 loans, then the rest of the staff also missed it.

Don't know the ins and outs of current player fitness but that back 5 had 'Disaster' written all over it.

How Carlos can chirp on about players heads being in the clouds thinking it was going to be easy. It's his job to instil the correct mentality during team talks, it's his job to make sure they don't get complacent. With 5 games left, each of them cup finals you'd think he'd express the upmost importance in this area.

I would prefer it if he simply said he and the players got it all wrong. "I'm human and I fcuked up " we can all relate to that.

Schoolboy shit.

And how the officials can give them two penalties then turn down Matias' shout for one when it was equal to the others is beyond me, These refs just can't stop can they?
peiowl likes this post
Just watched the Highlights and weve nothing to complain about realy apart from turner and plamer not being up to scratch Thumb down  we played well enough to win on any other day and the penaltys where penaltys Doh  wildsmith nearly saved both aswell  Sad but we didnt drop our heads and we did play football so im with carlos as this being a bad day at the office Thumb up  more like an unlucky day to me though  Doh

Nothing is worrying me too much as i know Hunt will be straight back in the team and turner always plays much better his second game  Thumb up Hooper is a worry though  Sad does anyone have any news on him  Huh 
That's the hope isn't it. Though after a good run we tend to follow it with a bad run, we don't have enough games to afford a bad run so the players better pick themselves up and smash Ipswich then we can all sit back a bit easier. Smile

We didn't deserve anything from yesterdays game, I'm upset at the manner of showing up late with nothing to wear. We were robbed of a penalty too, not that it would have helped, just our GD.
Leicster keep it up!
If Spurs don't win today thy will be other 9 or 10 points behind Leicester, surely they can't throw that lead away??
(10-04-2016, 14:57)Statesideowl Wrote: It was complete amateur hour, How carlos named a side and didn't notice 6 loans, then the rest of the staff also missed it.

Don't know the ins and outs of current player fitness but that back 5 had 'Disaster' written all over it.

How Carlos can chirp on about players heads being in the clouds thinking it was going to be easy. It's his job to instil the correct mentality during team talks, it's his job to make sure they don't get complacent. With 5 games left, each of them cup finals you'd think he'd express the upmost importance in this area.

I would prefer it if he simply said he and the players got it all wrong. "I'm human and I fcuked up " we can all relate to that.

Schoolboy shit.

And how the officials can give them two penalties then turn down Matias' shout for one when it was equal to the others is beyond me, These refs just can't stop can they?

With you 100% stateside. all these pie in the sky sayings that are meant to soothe but say nothing fool nobody. We all got it wrong, played lousy and fcuked up. I like that approach.

(10-04-2016, 15:27)Imre varadi Wrote: Just watched the Highlights and weve nothing to complain about realy apart from turner and plamer not being up to scratch Thumb down  we played well enough to win on any other day and the penaltys where penaltys Doh  wildsmith nearly saved both aswell  Sad but we didnt drop our heads and we did play football so im with carlos as this being a bad day at the office Thumb up  more like an unlucky day to me though  Doh

Nothing is worrying me too much as i know Hunt will be straight back in the team and turner always plays much better his second game  Thumb up Hooper is a worry though  Sad does anyone have any news on him  Huh 

what game were you listening to? You weren't taking in the Bramall Lane game were you? Laugh In the game I heard, we were absolute shite and deserved what we got-zilch-from it. Doh

And Maddix, time to pounce on him. He used that dreaded cliche.."bad day....." Doh

Someone should def muppett him for that. Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle
"God Save the King."
Carlos's Blind Spot

A good day spoilt by Wednesday.

CC seems to have a blind spot when we play weaker sides away because he seems to go 442 & wonders why we lose (Charlton, MK, Shrewsbury & now Bristol City). Trouble is that he keeps doing it.

We seemed all wrong for this match. Firstly the team set off & got stuck in traffic & missed their scheduled evening meal on Friday. Then we pick a team with six loan players in it & it took a fan tweeting this before CC changed the team. Then Westwood got injured in the warm up.

We set up 442 with Nuhiu & FF up front, Lee on the right, McGeady on the left with Bannan & Lopez in the centre.

We actually played well for about ten minutes with McGeady missing a great chance one on one with O'Donnell and Bannan floating a free kick a foot wide with the keeper stranded.

After that, we were second best for the rest of the half. Nuhiu was next to useless, FF was below par, Bannan was rusty, McGeady disappeared, Pudil was all over the place and Turner looked like he hadn't seen a football pitch before. Both full backs were given little protection and Pudil was given a succession of roastings.

City scored with their first attack. Pudil was easily beaten down his flank and Turner's attempted clearance was blasted against Palmer & bounced into the net. They doubled their lead by again targeting our LB area and Pudil was asleep again from a quick free kick which was despatched tidily.

The third goal was a bit unlucky having seen the highlights. It was difficult to see from the away end but Palmer appeared to make a good tackle but the referee gave a penalty. Anyone who heard the Warnock interview midweek would be aware that Bristol City love to dive in the box & he said it takes a good referee to stand up to their diving.

The match was over as a contest by half time & although we came out looking sharper (Joao & Wallace for McGeady & Lopez) after the break, we quickly went four down after Wildsmith stupidly lunged in as the ball rolled out of play with no danger. Matias for Nuhiu meant that we switched to 4321 with Matias & FF tucked in behind Joao.

From this point on we played decently but the contest was already over. Wallace pulled one back with a beautiful free kick which went in via the post & the keeper.

The Matias penalty incident was impossible to see from the away end but the video evidence shows that it was a penalty & he was wrongly yellow carded for diving.

In the second half, we looked far better. Bannan started to find his form, the shape (4321) looked much better, Joao held the ball up much better, FF & Matias started to find space and we started to control midfield.

Wildsmith - 5 - never looked settled
Palmer - 6 - hung out to dry, no protection, unlucky with penalty decision
Lees - 6 - solid but missed Loovens
Turner - 2 - looked lost, moved like an oak tree
Pudil - 3 - well below his best
Lee - 6 - tidy, kept the ball moving
Lopez - 5 - neat but no intensity
Bannan - 6 - took him an hour to get into it
McGeady - 3 - missed early chance then disappeared
FF - 6 - livened up with Joao & Matias on
Nuhiu - 4 - looked lost in a 442
Joao - 6 - neat & tidy
Wallace - 6 - far more purpose than McGeady
Matias - 6 - found plenty of space

We missed Hooper's ability to find space between the lines with Nuhiu & FF both suffering, playing in a 442. CC keeps repeating this same mistake. Hopefully this will be the last time. Bristol City did play pretty well and looked dangerous on most attacks. Our next two matches should be much easier against Ipswich & MK Dons.

Stat Attack:

Goals: 1 - Wallace

Assists: 0

Touches: 98 - Bannan, 75 - Pudil, 72 - Lees, 48 - Lee, 45 - Palmer, FF, 43 - Wildsmith, 38 - Turner, 34 - Joao, 29 - Lopez, Wallace, 25 - McGeady, 24 - Nuhiu, 20 - Matias

Tackles: 4 - Pudil, 3 - Lee, 2 - Lees, Bannan, 1 - McGeady, FF, Nuhiu, Joao

Interceptions: 4 - Pudil, 3 - Lees, 2 - Turner, Bannan, 1 - Palmer, Lee, McGeady

Clearances: 9 - Lees, Pudil, 4 - Palmer, Turner, 2 - Lee, 1 - Bannan, Joao

Attempts: 2 - Lees, Bannan, FF, Wallace, 1 - Palmer, Pudil, McGeady, Wallace

Attempts On Target: 1 - McGeady, Matias

Key Passes: 3 - Bannan, 2 - Wallace, 1 - Lee, Matias, Joao

Dribbles: 3 - Lopez, 2 - Bannan, FF

Dispossessed: 2 - Nuhiu, Palmer, 1 - Lee, FF, Wallace

Bad Control: 4 - Lee, 3 - McGeady, FF, 2 - Bannan, 1 - Palmer, Nuhiu, Joao

Crosses (Accurate in brackets): 5 - Bannan (2), 4 - Pudil (0), Wallace (2), 3 - McGeady (0), 2 - Lee (1), 1 - FF (0), Matias (0)

Passing Accuracy (Total Passes in Brackets):

Lee - 97% (34), Lopez - 92% (26), Pudil - 92% (49), Matias - 88% (17), Joao - 83% (30), Bannan - 83% (77), FF - 82% (33), Wallace - 82% (22), Turner - 81% (32), Palmer - 79% (34), McGeady - 79% (14), Lees - 76% (53), Nuhiu - 74% (19), Wildsmith - 40% (25)

All our deficiencies were exposed in that first half. Turner is no longer up to this standard of football. Sasso played fine on Tuesday & would be a far better replacement for Loovens. We are so much better defensively when Loovens plays. We need to give the back four some protection from midfield. No-one protected the back four and we paid big style. When we play 442 with two wingers, we get over run in CM. Nuhiu is only worth playing in a 4321 or 433.

On the plus side, Hooper & Loovens will soon be back. Our next two matches should be much easier. Hutchinson will return soon. We looked decent in the second half when we played 4321.
Towinjustonce, peiowl, St Charles Owl And 2 others like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »