Thread Rating:
Rangers FC - International Call-Ups
Answer the question.

When else is suitable?
Show me another international side that did it this set of friendlies or STFU. Every country introduces its young players gradually alongside experienced figures,thats what the manager did. He did bring in uncapped players ffs.

2 games 2 wins and folk are still whining. Pathetic.

(31-03-2016, 19:27)TheWorthinGer Wrote: Couple of pumpings there.

I'm sure lee wallace and andy halliday would prevent that. Confused
(01-04-2016, 03:40)hibeejim21 Wrote: Show me another international side that did it this set of friendlies or STFU.

Why can't you answer the question? When is the best time to introduce new players, if not in pointless friendlies?

Why did Strachan list two separate squads if not to introduce new players?

When the time comes for the qualifiers, Strachan will stick by his favourites. Nothing is more certain. And he needs his arse booted over his refusal to adapt his formation to fit Rhodes into the side. Blinkered.
He's not blinkered he's an arrogant xxxx,we will fail under him he's a terrible manager.
(01-04-2016, 05:06)Trusevich Wrote:
(01-04-2016, 03:40)hibeejim21 Wrote: Show me another international side that did it this set of friendlies or STFU.

Why can't you answer the question? When is the best time to introduce new players, if not in pointless friendlies?

Why did Strachan list two separate squads if not to introduce new players?

When the time comes for the qualifiers, Strachan will stick by his favourites. Nothing is more certain. And he needs his arse booted over his refusal to adapt his formation to fit Rhodes into the side. Blinkered.

I don't need to answer it. He used the games to introduce several new players. Last time he got pelters for not using Griffiths and now he has.

The real problem here is he isn't choosing rangers players,not that he didn't try out enough youngsters - be honest.
The problem is a pretty average pool to choose from where the difference would be a decent manager
(01-04-2016, 10:25)hibeejim21 Wrote: The real problem here is he isn't choosing rangers players,not that he didn't try out enough youngsters - be honest.

I am being honest. Why no Rhodes? Why no Shinnie? Why no Jack? Why was Arfield allowed to cede to Canada through lack of opportunity? Why were these players left out of two separate squads announced specifically to blood new players into the team while Mulgrew played in both games? Why has in-form Swansea right-back Stephen Kingsley been overlooked?

I don't see where you get the notion that it's about Rangers players not being picked. Maybe my view is wider than yours.
Bring back SAF from his retirement and he'll be able to tackle the Scotland job 'in his sleep'! Wink  But seriously speaking, I can reflect back to the Scotland situation, pre Strachan, and I must say the improvement in organisation, team spirit, commitment is significant. Wee Gordon has an average squad of players to utilise and even the ignored players, who are being mentioned, are not world beaters but one or two of them may offer something different for Strachan to consider. One thing he will be doing is observing most of these players and setting up his 'pecking order' of his preferred players based on these regular observations/reports That's how it works! It's a pity we don't have one truly world class player to call on but that's life.
He never done much of a job in 86 did he??
(01-04-2016, 14:07)0762 Wrote: But seriously speaking, I can reflect back to the Scotland situation, pre Strachan, and I must say the improvement in organisation, team spirit, commitment is significant.

There's no doubt he changed the way we played significantly, instilling a confidence and belief into players who had been stifled by fear for far too long. Those first six months were a breath of fresh air.

However, the team has gone backwards since then. Turgid football, a lack of drive in midfield and a complete lack of creativity in attacking areas. The downturn goes hand-in-hand with the downturn in the form of those very untouchable players he relies on so much - Brown, Mulgrew, Hutton, Morrison, Fletcher etc. That he cannot see this, or take action to replace those who aren't playing every week - or are playing shite every week - is the true error of his ways.

Two 1-0 friendly wins just papers over the cracks. The whole crumbling wall still requires re-built.
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »