Thread Rating:
Rangers FC - International Call-Ups
(12-03-2016, 19:20)supercooper Wrote: Was it bollocks, a piss poor Irish side qualified. Poland are no great shakes either.

Got to disagree with you Coops, wasn't the  hardest group but Poland are a much better team that what we have seen for a while and had the groups top scorer in Lewandowski, Germany are still Germany and the Republic will always be a tough game for Scotland because of the local rivalry aspect!!  Now thats not to say Scotland weren't their own worst enemy, you didn't qualify due to that result away in Georgia, thats what ended up being the difference!!
We will see how ordinary they are at the championships Sco.
St Charles Owl likes this post
International break, 2016 ... I will update all the scores in this post.

These are the matches and KO times for our Home countries.

Wednesday, 23/03/2016 : Gibraltar 0-0 Liechtenstein

Thursday, 24/03/2016

FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifying : Australia 7-0 Tajikistan

Czech Republic 0-1 Scotland
Wales 1-1 Northern Ireland

Friday, 25/03/2016 : Ireland (ROI) 1-0 Switzerland ... Kieran Clark [Image: thumbsup.png]

Friday in Canada, Saturday here :

FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Qualifying : Canada 0-3 Mexico

Saturday, 26/03/2016 : Germany 2-3 England ... Good comeback from 0-2 down. [Image: thumbsup.png]

Monday, 28/03/2016

Northern Ireland 1-0 Slovenia
Ukraine 1-0 Wales

Tuesday, 29/03/2016

England 1-2 Netherlands
Gibraltar 0-5 Latvia
Ireland (ROI) 2-2 Slovakia
Scotland 1-0 Denmark

FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifying : Australia 5-1 Jordan

30/03/2016 : International result, Tuesday, 29/03/2016 (Wednesday here) :

FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Qualifying : Mexico 2-0 Canada

AVFC RFC SAFC
U21 game was excellent - 2nd half especially. 3 Very good goals from open play following the move to 442.

Full game wasn't too bad. Initially ruined tartan arseholes continually standing for first 10 minutes and refusing steward requests to sit - in full knowledge that section was full of kids after sfa promoted kids throughout the stadium by making concession prices available in all stands and sections.

The SFA- are they not the organisation that threatened Celtic with fines when their fans stood? Yet they had many hundreds possibly thousands in the north stand on their feet for the whole game.

We had to move to another part of the stadium.
I have just spent some 20 minutes updating my Scores post (above), due to it knocking out all the previous formatting after adding a new result on Full Update !!!

That is why it looks a mess, I don't know WTF is causing this deformatting to happen, but it is a damn nuisance.

Another downer on this Site is the colour chart, a block of some 400+ colours, none of them named !!!

I am colour blind, so HTF am I to know for sure what colour is what ???

To get round this I use the colour codes in my notepad, then post the item pre-formatted to here. It is that formatting that was knocked out when I updated my post.
AVFC RFC SAFC
Fair play to you Larry, I don't think I'd have the patience for all that.

TWG - sounds like they put on a better show than the senior team at least. A midfield with no grip of the game or creativity and which the game largely passed by, no attacking threat from the full backs or wingers, no one looking dangerous up front, and all of that for the second game in a row. 2 lucky wins over middling opposition just hides the fact we were second best by some distance in both matches. Our goalkeepers were the standout performers in each of them. Looks like it's back to the old guard for our next qualifying campaign or bust.
TheWorthinGer likes this post
It's a pity we won those 2 games as Strachan is a honking manager we will not qualify under himl
He will be found wanting when qualifying proper starts. The midfield is far too pedestrian at times.
That won't be anywhere like our starting midfield in the qualifiers.
It'll no matter Jim we won't qualify with Strachan in charge,
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »