Thread Rating:
Scottish Cup QF draw - it's ICT at home but the draw is.....
"Probably not. ." indicates it's a "No" then. Ah well.

The people most upset by your suggested scenario would be the sponsors and broadcasters. But that's by-the-by, as it's just a hypothetical scenario and bears no relationship to the actual scenario that occurred.

I suppose that's just a long-winded way of saying that your post reeks of whataboutery.
If you wish. You, long winded, never, pompous? Aye
(09-02-2016, 18:06)Paigntonhibby Wrote: If you wish. You, long winded, never, pompous? Aye

Weasel-words borne of a permanent inferiority complex.

Thumb up
(09-02-2016, 16:22)Trusevich Wrote:
(09-02-2016, 16:03)0762 Wrote: It's worthy of criticism as affirmed by many other posters and media people and I don't hate Scottish footie but I think the general standard and state of the game have deteriorated down the years and that includes the way that the sport has been run. Many people within the game are trying to improve it for the better but IMO there's a long way to go. At least they are trying to change it. No point commenting any further - that's the way it is and any fool can perceive the probs fairly easily just by observing what's been going on down the years and all the factors that have affected the sport.

LOL! I'd love to see what you think these problems and factors actually are. Laugh

(09-02-2016, 16:08)hibeejim21 Wrote: Yet it's in just about every paper today,reported in a "look at these **** idiots" style. So plenty "give a ****"

I've never seen a draw messed up due to faulty ball sealing before. Makes ye proud eh ?

You do seem to lack a basic awareness of what newspapers actually do these days. They have to focus on the extreme end of topics just to get a response from the buying public. The only people who do give a shit about it are the numpties and idiots that need to hate. That's precisely the target demographic of the tabloid press nowadays.

I've seen plenty of cup draws gone wrong. FFS, even the World Cup draw went titsup in 1982. Nobody gave much of a shit about it. Yesterday was a bit of a giggle, a bit of a "Doh moment", but no more than that. That's the way the TV news covered it, and that's how it was treated on social media too.

The over-reaction has been laughable.

I wasn't referring to the tabloid press though, the broadsheets were using terms like "blunder" "red faced" "disaster" ....because that's precisely what it was. It was another amateur hour episode from scottish football and deserved the abuse it got.

In 2016 even the SFA should be able to take 8 balls out a xxxx container properly. They even do a test run first don't they ?
0762 likes this post
Even so, Jim, it really isn't anything to get your panties in a bunch about. Nobody cares except idiots led by the media.

It's a "point and laugh" incident rather than a "shake your fist in rage" incident.
likes this post
Did the SFA do a test run hibeejim? Maybe they were in a rush to get it over and done with lol! Laugh

And Trusevich, I suggest you read previous decent OPs and the many other football articles (with good info) that cover the trials and tribulations of Scottish footie down the years and enlighten yourself re the issues rather than scoffing at it as usual. The problems exist, whether you like it or not, and IMO an opposition for change/improvement is a healthy opposition! 
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »