Thread Rating:
RIFC
Got to love that seven year notice period!!! I don't know if that is normal for these type of merchandise deals but it seems ridiculously excessive for a deal of any kind!!!! I know there has been mention in the past of onerous contracts, well this one personifies that phrase totally!!
Given the deal in general, it's so one sided, that questions have to be asked. How from a legal standpoint this contract can stand. Hopefully when investigations into the takeover etc are concluded, it will be rescinded. Failing that the fans should refuse to buy official merchandise, and instead buy the lion brand. That money is coming back to the club in the form of shares being purchased.
If the signators of the deal are convicted it'll be getting ripped up. No doubt about it.
supercooper likes this post
Is that not what's been happening Coop???
Yep but it's still nice to spread the message.
What is the response have shirt sales etc dried up much for SD??
Most attending fans have stopped buying from him and official Rangers merchandise. I wont buy on the grounds he treats workers with no dignity, what's happening at Rangers is just an added extra. As said by Worth it's like going to a jumble sale shopping at his stores.
If you just want sports kit there are better deals to be had online via Amazon etc.

I'd rather buy a random blue top and send RFC 50p via paypal than do business with Ashley as things stand.

Don't get me wrong I have bought polo shirts etc for the in there for years previous to now, but that was then. When I buy club gear i expect it to benefit the club. For many remote fans like myself that's our contribution. My boy hates the fact he doesn't have the kit - tempted to buy a fave from alixpresss, they are supposed to be really good - no money to Ashley, but no money at all to club. Catch 22.
Do the club have to take the hit on merchandise that isn't sold?? I know it was reported but does that happen??
The club have control of how much stock they order. There should be minimal amounts of unsold stock, certainly not the "SD sympathetic" levels idiots like Llambias and Somers might have left us with.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »