Thread Rating:
RIFC
Need to get there first.
(03-10-2014, 14:58)Fredstersafool Wrote: Need to get there first.

Correct, and so we can safely say that Ashley has in fact made a 800k bet on them getting there fairly soon!!

Cooper is right though, once any of the three championship "big" teams get back to the Prem, it does not have to take a ton of money to be able to challenge!! The likes of Aberdeen and Inverness have shown that. Of course catching Celtic is a different story but so far this season they are not exactly running away with it as was predicted by most!!
Aye and as soon as the rangers are back they'll spend the money they've almost certainly banked to keep them in front
You can always look at their accounts to see how much they're squirrelling away. They might have brought in a lot of money in recent years, but they have massive expenses and have spent quite a bit on duds (fees and wages). Considering the CL money and fees received for Wanyama and Forster as well as others you'd expect them to be in a much stronger position than they actually are. They had to borrow money to pay the wages in the summer and the reason they've barely spent a penny this year is that Forster's sale is enough to cover most of the drop in revenue from lack of CL football, but that's about it. They'll have money to spend next year, but nothing like the £40-60m head start they should have bought themselves WITHOUT weakening their squad.

Funny thing is, if we'd stayed in the top flight their revenues would have been higher and it would have been easier to attract players to league that might be, at least in theory, more competitive.
More competitive that's a laugh el car,it was a two horse race for thirty years that's no competitive and in a lot of those years it's like now a one horse race
Yeah, but a 2 horse race is still better than 1. There's no glory in it for players when there's no competition at all. Celtic now simply can't attract players who are wanted elsewhere or who want to stay in Scotland for more than a couple of years max. Even their own fans don't give enough of a shit to turn up most of the time. Rangers have suffered from the same ennui too, with players doing just enough and no more for a lot of last season and still easily winning our division. The problem came when we've had to lift ourselves for big matches and now we struggle to do that at all. No worthwhile player looks at that situation and says 'Brilliant, that's for me!'. We've always had the mercenaries, but that's been mixed in with guys who were really up for the fight. Now...not so much of the latter coming in.
El car you still have mercenaries at your club but then that's the clubs fault for handing out crazy cash for the division it found itself in,as for attracting players yes I do agree a Celtic v gers game is always a highlight after that what is there?possible champions league and no much else put simply I doubt either will attract the sort of players they used to they simply can't afford that in reality but they still have the clout to get the best if the rest,Scottish football needs major investment and it's no going to come well IMO
Fred, you say you want major investment, but where do you want this investment made? Are you saying you want some new owners for some of the prem clubs? Owners who are prepared to pump money into say Aberdeen or Dundee Utd? Sure that would be good and maybe make it a bit more competitive but ultimately without bums on seats at Pittodrie being somewhere near what Rangers currently get it would not be sustainable. Attracting that investment outside of the two Glasgow teams will be difficult, as it currently is for Rangers themselves. The two Edinburgh clubs maybe offer the best alternative to them but I cannot see some a wealthy new owner anytime soon for either team!!
Mike Ashley has called an extraordinary general meeting to remove Wallace and Nash. Thoughts?
From the website today {08/10/2014} :

Rangers FC - Notice under Section 303 of the Companies Act 2006

I have not been following boardroom politics, so will reserve judgement until further information becomes available.
What I do ask is ... What's the hurry, there will be an AGM later this year, so why not wait until then ?
AVFC RFC SAFC
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »