Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
1/4 for Top Five so a tidy profit.
Southeyowl likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
6 golfers and 3 placed, not too bad.

Great call on Christiaan Bezuidenhuit.
Southeyowl and madsteve like this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Jumped on the Golf tips Thursday lunch time!

Did not follow the action so had a nice little suprise this morning!

Cheers again for the tips both of you!
madsteve likes this post
JUST SAYING LIKE!
Joburg Open

Not the value of last week but going to go with three heroes from last week plus two decent value bets so small bets this week. this is played over two courses - the West & the East courses over the first two days then everyone plays the East Course for the final two rounds.

The stats suggest that GIR is the number one priority here - the last four winners were 4th, 13th, 2nd & 1st for GIR.

Christiaan Bezoudenhout - 50/1

Cant desert last week's big hero for us but doubt we will see 300/1 again. 50/1 is fair in an average quality field as I was impressed with his temperament and he can give us another good run.

Trevor Fisher Junior 28/1

It may have gone unoticed by many that TFJ finished tied 8th and had the best score over the final 27 holes. Again, his price is shorter this week but think he is good for at least a place.

Brandon Stone 28/1

Think there will be mixed views on Stone's win last week. On one hand, he was heading for a mental breakdown halfway through the final round but somehow he got it back together to hold on impressively for the win. I think the win could be the making of him & he could get a quick second win as several others did last season. Worth the gamble at the price.

Dean Burmester 40/1

Finished 13th here a year ago and has won four times on the Sunshine Tour since. Should be a good run for our money.

Paul Dunne 80/1

A talented player who I think will make it good eventually. I think he can beat this field if he has four good days and at 80/1.......
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Football League Bets

Broke even last week with one winner, one postponed & one loser.

A few small Two Point bets for tonight:

MK Dons v Burnley - Under 10 Corners (DNB) at 1.90
Wolves v Fulham - Under 10 Corners at Evens
Wigan v Sheff Utd - Under 2.5 Goals at 1.84
Plymouth v Northampton - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.875

Good Luck!
needed birmingham to score again to win last night for a grand Cry fuuucking gutted
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Sony Open

This is played on the Waialae Course in Hawaii. The event has been won by Jimmy Walker for the last two years & he is the favourite here at 14/1.

I have been looking at the PGA courses and linking them together in characteristics to try to spot identikit winners for various courses. This has led to me picking out a clear favourite for this week's event.

Graeme McDowell 45/1

This course shares characteristics with El Camaleon, Seaside Course & Harbour Town Links. McDowell won at ElCamaleon a couple of months ago and was 3rd at the Seaside Course, the following week whilst he has a good track record at Harbour Town, winning there three years ago.

I backed GiMac last week & he finished a disappointing 29th but he did improve each round & finished with four birdies in his final six holes. He has the perfect game to triumph here at a generous price.

Peter Malnati 80/1

Think he has managed to stay just enough under the radar to get a good price but he could be one of those players that jumps a level this season. He grabbed his first PGA Tour win at Sanderson Farms in November in a weakened field but he has shown that wasn't a one off by by finishing 10th at El Camaleon & 6th last week at the Hyundai, finishing ahead of Day, Bubba & Dustin. Think this is an 80/1 price on a 25/1 chance so value.
Johannesburg Open

Mark Williams 33/1
Jazz Janewattananond 125/1

Sony Open

Kevin Kisner 20/1
Tony Finau 50/1
Ryo Ishikawa 100/1
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(14-01-2016, 12:39)Owlkev71 Wrote: Johannesburg Open

Mark Williams 33/1

Sony Open

Kevin Kisner 20/1
Tony Finau 50/1
Ryo Ishikawa 100/1

Williams is an inspired pick as he is already a run away leader at -6 after his opening round.

(14-01-2016, 13:38)madsteve Wrote:
(14-01-2016, 12:39)Owlkev71 Wrote: Johannesburg Open

Mark Williams 33/1

Sony Open

Kevin Kisner 20/1
Tony Finau 50/1
Ryo Ishikawa 100/1

Williams is an inspired pick as he is already a run away leader at -6 after his opening round.

Interestingly you can currently get 70/1 on Williams so I guess that you backed him in play.
I put the bet on at around 8:30 so he might have already been on course.

Just checked the leaderboard, he finished at -6 and currently shares the lead, but still a long way to go.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »