Thread Rating:
Got my Villa tickets....
Hopefully you're feeling more enthusiastic about the game now heavysoul after yesterdays performance?
Villa have not won a game since the opening fixture against Bournemouth. That worries me.

Last season they were dead as a dodo until we rocked up and capitulated (3 times) and gave them back a heart beat.

I fear we will do the same this season and so am seriously dreading this game. Head says we can knock them for six but heart is beating like the clappers and its still weeks to go!
(29-12-2015, 13:40)Stairs Wrote: Villa have not won a game since the opening fixture against Bournemouth. That worries me.

Last season they were dead as a dodo until we rocked up and capitulated (3 times) and gave them back a heart beat.

I fear we will do the same this season and so am seriously dreading this game. Head says we can knock them for six but heart is beating like the clappers and its still weeks to go!

Had exactly the same thought myself Stairs.
Its sods law that they will turn it on against us especially that thug Hutton and no doubt they will recall Agbonthewhore who has in the past, been our downfall.

Confused
You're such a pessimist, Stairs!
Halfway through the season, literally, they've got 8 pts from 19 games. To reach The Holy Grail of (say) 40 pts they will need 32 pts from the last 19 games. Unless they get a brand new XI in January, they are more likely to get - at their most optimistic - another 25 pts.
They're doooomed, I tell ye.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
we thought that of Leicester last December and blow me, were we right ..... were we eck as like, twelve months on they top the charts. That means next Christmas vile will top the league, after all they have won the European cup you know ...... Not many people know that ...... apart from anyone who listens to the obnoxious seals bleating on about it every chance they get.

Not counting chickens but ....... hoping they sink without trace.
(29-12-2015, 17:06)4evaabaggie Wrote: we thought that of Leicester last December and blow me, were we right ..... were we eck as like, twelve months on they top the charts. That means next Christmas vile will top the league, after all they have won the European cup you know ...... Not many people know that ...... apart from anyone who listens to the obnoxious seals bleating on about it every chance they get.

I bet they can't wait to sing "Have you won the European Cup?" to Rotherham next season  Laugh
Its not too bad for the Vile.... some localish derby's such as Burton Albion if they get promotion.

For the benefit of Vile fans:
Depart Aston Station         12.43
Arrive Bham New Street    12.49
Depart Bham New Street   13.03
Arrive Burton on Trent       13.25

Laugh  Have a nice day Seals....
4evaabaggie and like this post
Baggieman, you forgot Walsall, ding1e5 and blues. Should save them a few pennies when travelling to away games
(29-12-2015, 17:23)Tibby Baggie Wrote:
(29-12-2015, 17:06)4evaabaggie Wrote: we thought that of Leicester last December and blow me, were we right ..... were we eck as like, twelve months on they top the charts. That means next Christmas vile will top the league, after all they have won the European cup you know ...... Not many people know that ...... apart from anyone who listens to the obnoxious seals bleating on about it every chance they get.

I bet they can't wait to sing "Have you won the European Cup?" to Rotherham next season  Laugh

Can you imagine the lovefest between them and the L**ds fans??  One team that did win the European Cup but have done nothing else - ever, and a club that are so deluded that they sing about winning the European Cup, yet they never have won it!!!!  
(29-12-2015, 16:52)talkSAFT Wrote: You're such a pessimist, Stairs!
Halfway through the season, literally, they've got 8 pts from 19 games. To reach The Holy Grail of (say) 40 pts they will need 32 pts from the last 19 games. Unless they get a brand new XI in January, they are more likely to get - at their most optimistic - another 25 pts.
They're doooomed, I tell ye.

I think they're doomed. I just fear we will be the first to lose to them since Bournemouth
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »