Thread Rating:
WBA vs Newcastle - Match Thread
22 shots, 52% possession , 14 corners !!!!!!!!!!!!
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Wow,
Just got back from the game and firstly must say the biscuit man was absolutely superb today. Fair play to him and gutted he got injured (again !)
Thought Sess was also brilliant and a really good team performance by all.
We deserved to have won by more and had about 18 corners !!!!
Full house with a great atmosphere and I could only see one empty seat but the people around it say a grumpy moaning Stokie sits there anyway...
Big Grin
Have a good evening everybody I'm gonna have a beer or 3
Cheers !
C O Y B
drewks, , Wrigley like this post
Much needed win today after the dross performances against Swansea.

Probably deserved the win, but we were fortunate their keeper made a clanger for the winner.

That's the fine lines in football, like when Myhill's gaff handed Swansea the points on Boxing Day.

Some good performance today from Evans and McAuley who made a worldly tackle on Sissoko. Fletcher, Big Vic and Sessegnon, who played particularly well in the 2nd half driving at them.

Improvement needed, but hopefully if we can cash in on Saido and get a couple of midfielders in who can actually get around the striker to replace the likes of Gardner, we might be able to move in the right direction.

(28-12-2015, 19:49)DanTheSmethwickMan Wrote: Sessesgnon once again superb. How this guy didn't get into the team for the first 8 or so matches is behind me but looks like pulis has finally learned. Disappointed not to see Mcnanaman not come on again, unsure what more he has to do. Think he might be off in Jan, wouldn't blame him either he's too good to be warming our bench. Overall a much better attacking performance and deserved win that was vital.

Boing boing

With Sess and McManaman, I think it's more to do with off the field incidents and lack of discipline than quality. TP bought McManaman so obviously liked him as a player, but hasn't been impressed with his attitude. Sess has been picked since he's knucked down and started getting to training on time etc. But apparently he isn't the best pro. Worked his socks off today though.
An excellent result and effort. I believe Mr Peace has had a word with Mr Pulis as the change could not be more dramatic.
One would believe all of the growing criticism of his tactics from all quarters, Mr Pulis has been persuaded to change his errant ways and has seen the light. We can only hope this new leaf will be continued against Stoke on Saturday.
Angel
Interesting MOTD stat: with 22 we had 12% of our entire seasons shots today.
Don't you just wish that MOTD would just hold back on their huge coverage and gushing praise for all things Albion?
It's really  getting quite embarrassing  Confused
MOTD is a joke now. I don't bother staying up to watch it and like many I just skip through it on Sunday to see goals and any controversial moments.

They don't give balance in coverage and yesterday was a perfect example. Sky football could not stop saying how exciting the match was, even without a goal. But MOTD rated it below a 0-0 and gave it a couple of minutes. Insulting.

The BBC are not investing in sport and I guess MOTD will be binned at the end if the season.
(29-12-2015, 11:34)Stairs Wrote: MOTD is a joke now. I don't bother staying up to watch it and like many I just skip through it on Sunday to see goals and any controversial moments.

They don't give balance in coverage and yesterday was a perfect example. Sky football could not stop saying how exciting the match was m, evening without a goal. But MOTD rated it below a 0-0 and gave it a couple of minutes. Insulting.

The BBC are not investing in sport and I guess MOTD will be binned at the end if the season.

I think you'll find that had Newcastle won 1-0 then that match would have been given a higher profile on motd.
No wonder BBC are "not investing in sport".

Us Licence-payers are coughing up £Millions for about a dozen "experts" who are about on a par with The Man On The Street - no better.

I'd cringe if I ever found out that Garth Fatboy Crooks was getting any more than (say) £20 for his pathetic stunts on Final Score - same with Lawrenson and Jason Roberts. (Kilbane's actually not bad, nor is Jenas.)
But when I heard 5 years ago that Lineker was getting £2m a year direct from you, me and every other Licence-holder in the country I just thought the BBC Directors had gone stark raving mad. This money is more or less like Income Tax, and if we paid MPs that sort of money there would be a revolution.
OK (some might say) Sky would pay him that much, and I'd say "Let the bastard go then" - there's plenty of other wankers like him who would do it for Minimum Wage (rather than become a has-been nobody).

And I'm assuming Bumfluff hasn't got a friend in the world. If he had, someone would tell him that "beard" ain't going to grow, and that he looks a total twat.   Angry
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Same sentiments on BBC and MOTD from me as well.

I set it to record on Tivo everytime it's on and only watch the highlights and fast-forward through the "experts" analysis. The less said about the pundits, the better!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »