Thread Rating:
WBA vs Newcastle - Match Thread
(28-12-2015, 11:01)Squirrel Regis Wrote: Bridgwater Baggie,
Good on you mate. Fingers crossed for 3pts today. There is a bloke who sits on my row who travels from Plymouth and when I am driving my 45 minute drive home in a mood after a bad performance I think of him and fans like you.
Full respect mate.

Thumb up

And the same from me Bridgwater. Proper supporter  Thumb up
(28-12-2015, 11:04)talkSAFT Wrote:
(27-12-2015, 23:57)Tibby Baggie Wrote: This is now an absolute can not lose 6 pointer of a game. But do Albion ever do things the easy way?

Beat Arsenal, earn respectable draws against West Ham and Spurs and Liverpool; to then hit the self destruct button and lose to two teams in and around us in the league.

This is a must-win! If we set out to not-lose we might get a point. If we're content to get 1 point from teams like Newcastle, Swansea, Bournemouth, etc you can forget staying up.
38 points more or less gets you relegated, so you've got to pick up the occasional win! Standing ovations after getting a point from Spurs and West Ham are very hollow unless you get a juicy 3 pts from these relatively easy games.

To call any game in this league easy is definitely saft talk. A win today would do everyone the world of good though, I'll give you that.
"To call any game in this league easy is definitely saft talk. A win today would do everyone the world of good though, I'll give you that. "
--------------------------------------------------
That's why I put in the word "relatively".
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
So team in, Sess for Gardner yay !
Biscuit man for Lambert boo !
#WBA team v @NUFC: Myhill; Olsson, Yacob, Evans, Morrison, Anichebe, Brunt, McAuley, Fletcher, Dawson, Sessegnon.

#WBA subs v @NUFC: Lindegaard; Chester, Gardner, Gamboa, Lambert, Berahino, McManaman.

I catch your drift talkSAFT, still a valid point that there's no easy games in this league and underestimating Newcastle or any opponent is an arrogance we can't afford.
Anichebe starting ... ok
Anichebe up top doesn't bother me too much. I just hope Evans is playing in defence, otherwise we are going to have no creativity in the middle again.
likes this post
Anichebe has scored some important goals for us during his time here... Hopefully he adds to his tally today!
....thought TP was quoted as saying something like 'the lineups in the 2 games would be very different'?
This is the same team bar 1 important change - Sess for Gardner; although I can see the point of Biscuitman playing - the ability to hold the ball for 20 mins to wait for support may be vital Rolleyes

Surely the non selection of Sulky Boy again means that he's being wrapped up in New Years Day paper pending his (already arranged) move outa here?
Sess for Gardner is a relief at least. I can't see myself enjoying this game.
likes this post
Not sure about this team, delighted sess in for Gardner, but anichibe is a surprise. Think mcmanaman should 've started but guess the fallout with Fletcher may have had something to do with that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »