Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
As We know, most players take half a season to bed in so significant changes in January could actually set us back for this season although it may help for next season.

Hooper is now doing what we hoped and we score goals for fun when he is on the pitch. Should we ditch him and bring in someone else that will take months to settle?

I don't really agree about Loovens. He had a dodgy opening 15 minutes yesterday but after that he was outstanding. I think his form this season is improved on last season when he plays with Lees and he was fine with Hutchinson yesterday. We lack depth of replacements at CB at the moment. I would be happy with Sasso or even Dielna covering for injuries.

The CM argument draws opposing views. On Facebook yesterday, someone was advocating McGugan should start as he is better than Bannan, Hutch, Lee & Wallace. While I don't agree, I do think we have plenty of cover, particularly if we are to continue with 433.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Adebayor been linked with us!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
Yeah saw that in my paper this morning, must be a quiet sportsday.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
for me winger and CB are positions we need to look at in january
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Don't think we need another central midfielder.  We need another option out wide, although MM is due back in the new year.  Sougou is massively inconsistent and Helan can also frustrate.  

Loovens is a class act.  He was dreadful for the first 10 mins or so yesterday but whatever was affecting him quickly disappeared.  Lees will be like a new signing when he returns as well.  

The jury is still out on Hooper, I think a decision could be made after the Boro game.  He has undoubted talent but is he worth 30k a week and a few million quid in transfer fees, or are there other options out there?  

I'd still like to see an experienced target man that can hold the ball and win the aerial duels.  Joao can be that player, just not right now.  

We also need to offload the dross ASAP.  
From what i saw of hooper in yesterdays highlights , i dont get it ??? doesnt bring anything for me that we need from a striker unlike forest and joao !!! centerback is vital for the long run not just this season we should ship turner back straight away wether hes good or not ? because hes a loan player thats always injured ?? whats the point in paying his wages for norwich ??
Former Owls keeper Pavel Srnicek, 47, in critical condition after a cardiac arrest whilst out jogging.

All the best Pavel.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
You only have to watch Hooper for a couple of minutes to see what he brings. He is always on the move off the ball and he is pulling the CBs out of the middle & creating gaps for others to run into. Allay that with the movement of FF & Joao & we have a front three that cause defences a constant problem.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Will he get us 20 a season and is he worth the money........
(21-12-2015, 18:28)consilio Wrote: Will he get us 20 a season and is he worth the money........

I am not worried about the money, thats DCs problem and he can afford it.  As regards the 20 goals a season, I am not sure thats as important with the team we currently have.  I think we may well see at least 2 players end up on 15+ goals in Forestieri and Joao, and if Hooper plays for the rest of the season he could get there to.  The only problem with that front 3 is that if any of them get injured then we have no replacements who can remotely do the same job!!!  
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed