Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(18-12-2015, 17:00)consilio Wrote: This is the reason a committee doesn't work.  

Lachman and Sasso were both signed in the summer and are both CB's.  One has not even played a minute of football.  Dielna hasn't had a kick either.  

If they aren't good enough then why did the committee bring them in?

I don't understand it.  It leaves us having to play our best player out of position which affects the team in the midfield.  We are paying Hooper 32k a week to have 20 mins off the bench every week.   Clearly CC didn't sign Hooper, all that bollocks he spoke about being a long time admirer of his.  Makes me laugh!

Didn't Dielna join us last season under SG?

Sasso has played when he has played but he has been injured for the last month or so.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
It certainly sounds like a lack of communication within the Club. I thought the point of a committee was to co-ordinate and find the most suitable players for manager and club alike?

I don't know what the politics are at the moment. Clearly Lachman isn't regarded at all, same with Bus.
Seemingly Dielna. Sasso are considered backup to Lees & Loovens?

If the case is that we're paying Hooper 32k a week, and CC isn't even bothered about him, playing him for 20 mins as a token gesture. Then we need to get our shit together pronto.

Personally I'd rather have all this backroom crap ironed out and functioning on all levels before we think about promotion. There's still not much stability at the club is there?
Thurnscoe_OWL likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
On the other side of the coin though, it could be that Roeder leaving means that CC has won over DC and is now the one leading the playing side of the club. There is talk that Roeder and CC didn't get along, that means a power struggle of sorts has taken place and CC seems to have won it.

With regards to our signings I think we are in a position where we have signed players who have consistently improved the squad, Sassso is better than Dielna, then we signed Turner who is better than both and maybe better than Loovens etc etc. McGugan was better than Coke etc who had left the club, Bannan though was then signed and he is better than McGugan, so he becomes a sub. If we are to sign any players in January, I think they should be players who are better than our best starting 11, so a forward who is better than Nuhiu, Joao and Hooper, a defensive midfielder who is better than Hutchinson and so on. That way we continue to improve the team and the squad but it does mean players we like or thought were good get left behind such as McGugan.
I Cant see where we can judge how good sasso is ? as hes played 1 game only ? time will tell ??? dielna hasnt played all season either under the new better imporoved sheff wed !! so the jury is still out on hime aswell ??? helen has played and played well played shit and stood in the corner picking his arse so hes still the same , inconsistant !! bus melo and dutchman either need to start playing very quickly or should have there contracts terminated its a disgrace !! matauis is going down the same road ?? dc should terminate all contracts in the backroom physio vortez , as they are xxxx uselss !! nuhui needs to be sold !! laverey needs bringing back now and given a chance untill the end of the season !! what else mmmm yes we need a striker still a midfielder and now a centerback cos lees will not see the light of day for at least another 8 games ? can we afford to xxxx 8 games up with the slow brothers in defence ???
If the likes of Sasso, McGugan and Dielna aren't good enough in training then how can you start them ? That's how every team goes by. Being he best player in your position in training means you get a jersey from 1-11. If DC wants premier league then we will be a revolving door for players to get us there. The 3 players above dont seem good enough to start so are subs.

I like CC but something has been going on behind the scenes so DC has acted and the committee being disbanded.

With this new regime nobody in the club will be standing still got long.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
(18-12-2015, 17:10)madsteve Wrote:

Lachman and Sasso were both signed in the summer and are both CB's.  One has not even played a minute of football.  Dielna hasn't had a kick either.  

I don't understand it.  It leaves us having to play our best player out of position which affects the team in the midfield.  We are paying Hooper 32k a week to have 20 mins off the bench every week.   Clearly CC didn't sign Hooper, all that bollocks he spoke about being a long time admirer of his.  Makes me laugh!

Sasso has played when he has played but he has been injured for the last month or so.
My point was that if he isn't good enough to get in the side in front of a midfielder at CB then why is he still here.  

Lachman, Bus, Dielna, Sasso, Melo all need to go ASAP and get them off the wage bill. 

We are also paying Jack Hunt around 15k a week.  He's no better than Palmer at the moment.
Melo is injured, long term knee injury, and Carlos seemed really upset with that. Sasso has been decent when called upon. I'd keep both if we drop off the pace this season

All the others can go
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(18-12-2015, 21:04)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: Melo is injured, long term knee injury, and Carlos seemed really upset with that. Sasso has been decent when called upon. I'd keep both if we drop off the pace this season

All the others can go

I think Sasso would have played when Lees went down and Hutch filled in but wasn't he still injured as well at that point??

(18-12-2015, 20:18)consilio Wrote:
(18-12-2015, 17:10)madsteve Wrote:

My point was that if he isn't good enough to get in the side in front of a midfielder at CB then why is he still here.  

Lachman, Bus, Dielna, Sasso, Melo all need to go ASAP and get them off the wage bill. 

We are also paying Jack Hunt around 15k a week.  He's no better than Palmer at the moment.

At the end of the day we need cover for every position and as far I know they are our only 2 RBs, so I have no problem with both of them staying as I would imagine they are pushing each other for the starting spot.
sasso is injured too charlie, you're right
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Sasso would play CB ahead of Hutch if he were fit.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed