Thread Rating:
WBA vs Burnley - Match Thread
To be honest Baggie Man,the acoustics seem to be a lot worse this season,sitting near the back of the Brummie,you cant tell whats being said at all,and I think when they do that yam yam cam thing its a total waste of time!
(29-09-2014, 17:15)drewks Wrote: Let's put this into perspective tho:

Burnley     1   3  Chelsea
Swansea    1  0  Burnley
Burnley      0  0  Man U
Palace        0   0  Burnley
Burnley      0   0  Sunderland

WBA         4   0 Burnley

...they haven't been easy to break down by anybody until Sunday so we deserve a lot more credit than even some of US are giving......the argument that Burnley are so very poor doesn't seem to stack up IMO; they obviously struggle to score but so do the teams they play against!  Confused

Burnley are not crap but I think when you're a team that has just been promoted and lose several key players to injury you're gonna struggle - they have no depth in the squad (something we're only just sorting out after several seasons). That's not taking away anything from our performance - it was a joy to watch the confidence grow in our players, some of the quick one-touch passing was joyous.

And I agree about the sound system - was in the Brummie for the Hull game and didn't catch a word.
I can go a step higher than Aston Villa
Problem with Burnley is without Ings they just parked a big claret bus in front of their goal and hoped to hold on to a 0-0. Their front 3 was Kightly, Wallace and Jutkiewiez or however you spell it. All due respect they are aren't going to offer any threat on the break as their forwards have no pace. Once we scored the game was effectively over. In truth they looked hopeless without their front 2 who scored all their goals last season.

Nonetheless you can only beat what is put in front of you which we have done better than any of the previous sides Burnley have played.  
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »