Thread Rating:
WBA vs Burnley - Match Thread
I thought the Crowd were MOTM yesterday.Amazing what a couple of wins can do for the confidence.Anyone who was at the game,think about the atmosphere against Everton!
drewks likes this post
Just read this assessment of the game from a Burnley point of view - IMO a very well written & balanced piece and although critical of Burnley gives credit to us too:
http://nonaynever.net/21251/analysis-wes...0-burnley/
great honest write up
Something I saw on a Burnley forum perfectly summed up the gulf in class between promoted Championship teams and established mid-lower Prem teams: our three substitutes consisted of 2 players who played in the World Cup knockout stages and a full Argentine international. With Mulumbu, Blanco, McAuley, Olsson, Ideye and Varela not even getting on the pitch it just shows how strong our squad is this year. Burnley have no chance when the likes of Ross Wallace and Juktewicz are getting starts.
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
Burnley was shite to be honest but its tough to be to critical about them we were there once upon a time, Dyche probably secretly already planning for next season
Not taking anything away from the performance or critisising Burnley. But not so long ago this match would have been a huge banana skin for the Baggies. Food for thought. DD Sad Sad
Ubique.
Let's put this into perspective tho:

Burnley 1 3 Chelsea
Swansea 1 0 Burnley
Burnley 0 0 Man U
Palace 0 0 Burnley
Burnley 0 0 Sunderland

WBA 4 0 Burnley

...they haven't been easy to break down by anybody until Sunday so we deserve a lot more credit than even some of US are giving......the argument that Burnley are so very poor doesn't seem to stack up IMO; they obviously struggle to score but so do the teams they play against! Confused
Absolutely. The opposition may have been poor, but the onus was still on us to be better than them and to make our quality count. There have been plenty of times in the past when poor teams have still outplayed us, or managed to hit us with a smash and grab. A professional performance and result is always worthy of praise.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Very poor Burnley team, loads of people at the game saying it was like watching us 11-12 years ago when we first got promoted, trying to keep it tight at the back but lacking quality throughout the team.
Great performance by the lads though and a great week for confidence. Berahino must be on top of the world and not far off full England call up.
Have to admit Brunt and Dorrans played very well (as did the whole team) and Morrison looking more like his old self.
Irvines job is safe this week :-D
C O Y B
Did anyone else think the standard of the announcements on the PA were dreadful?  I had difficulty hearing them let alone understanding what was being said. Where is the usual fellah?

Huh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »