Thread Rating:
RIFC
Btw..this forum is pretty bad on mobile.

Anyway beers calling.
There is a line that needs drawing under a number of issues surrounding Rangers, problem is whenever lines are drawn by whatever authority draws them, its never accepted by one side or the other!!! King is right in one thing he said in his statement, for the good of Scottish Football, this stuff needs resolving and put in the rear view mirror and the game needs to move forward together. Armageddon was a strong word to use for the fate of Scottish football when Rangers first hit the rocks, but from what I see at the moment its a bit like suicide by asphyxiation!!
supercooper and Trusevich like this post
(13-11-2015, 19:03)hibeejim21 Wrote: Btw..this forum is pretty bad on mobile.

Anyway beers calling.

Good shout. Friday Five O' Clock Club awaits. Thumb up
Jim I don't they wouldn't give a flying xxxx if this was any other club in Scotland they'd be shoving it firmly up our arses
TIN TIN likes this post
(13-11-2015, 19:04)St Charles Owl Wrote: There is a line that needs drawing under a number of issues surrounding Rangers, problem is whenever lines are drawn by whatever authority draws them, its never accepted by one side or the other!!!  King is right in one thing he said in his statement, for the good of Scottish Football, this stuff needs resolving and put in the rear view mirror and the game needs to move forward together.  Armageddon was a strong word to use for the fate of Scottish football when Rangers first hit the rocks, but from what I see at the moment its a bit like suicide by asphyxiation!!

I don't see a single club that is struggling in the present climate because of the Rangers situation, and there are plenty examples of smaller clubs who have been able to make sums of money that would only have been available to them if they'd been drawn against Rangers in a one off cup tie. The light has been shone on the lower divisions this past 3 years and that has never happened in the past and won't happen again.
I totally understand why Rangers want back to the top league, and I also understand why the media do too, I even get why Celtic (secretly) miss their biggest rivals, but Scottish Football is NOT suffering.......not even a wee bit
Sometimes right and sometimes wrong, but always certain  Thumb up
Prem clubs have missed revenue that's a fact and as for the one off cup tie nonsense re lower div clubs, Queens park earnt 3seasons money from the game at Hampden alone.
I'm surprised to read that a lawyer put forward an argument that supported his clients case. Amazing. Astounding.

If we are to take his putting forward his client's case as an example of what constitutes "fact", why are so many people - who's lawyer stated quite categorically that they were innocent - in prison?

What happens when the other lawyer(s) in the court state their client's case? Of more "facts". Facts contradicting facts.

A lawyer is an advocate and he says what his client tells him to say, just more eloquently than his client can. No more and no less. If it suited his client to argue that Cetic FC was a hive of despicable immoral criminality Mr Brown would have done so and the illiteraty wouldn't have posted a word of it on here.

Furthermore, we've already established that a club "is a group of people who come together for a common purpose".
Trusevich and supercooper like this post
(13-11-2015, 22:00)supercooper Wrote: Prem clubs have missed revenue that's a fact and as for the one off cup tie nonsense re lower div clubs, Queens park earnt 3seasons money from the game at Hampden alone.

Some Prem clubs might have missed some revenue from away fans but not enough to mean they are struggling. The fact that Queens Park made 3 seasons money from the Hampden game was the point I was trying to make Coop, and hopefully all the other "wee teams" did the same, sorry if I didn't make myself clear
Sometimes right and sometimes wrong, but always certain  Thumb up
as far as the tv deal is concerned it wont matter til 2020 as thats when the new deal ends. is pretty poor deal so if gers stay in championship it may actually suit tv wise to keep rangers out of the top tier....just a thought Whistle
supercooper and El Car like this post
Most still do Maroon, yourselves Celtic and Aberdeen are the only clubs that look as if they aren't struggling. Scottish football is dead in the water our national side couldn't progress from a poor group. Celtic are being made to look silly by less than average european sides, and the rest cant even qualify for european football proper. Yeah extremely healthy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »