Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Last time I handled that much silicone I was caulking my bathroom Laugh

I wouldn't even Boo JOC if he came back as an opposition player, it's barmy.

I'm of similar thinking to MS on this one. If there's anyone whom should have animosity shown towards them it would be Bothroyd. Nobody needs to throw roses at Antonio or anything like that but a respectful clap to acknowledge his service for us wouldn't go amiss

He was one of the best players we had, in a shit squad. Stifled by inept manager tactics then we sold him for packet of crisps and a rubber band. Even if he's bench warmer at WHU, his talent has become noticed and anywhere he goes at this point he'll be more successful than when he was with us.

So very glad that daddy tuna-bucks bought us when he did.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
There has been a firing squad lined up for the last few weeks in the championship and I see Gary Bowyer is the latest to get hit.... Bowyer, Symon, Powell, Ramsey, Rosler, Luzon etc.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
I can see SG getting a call for one off these jobs !!
Getting rid of Antonio was the biggest reason why last season was so boring and ultimately the reason why SG was sacked. Antonio didn't want to leave but SG was so keen to get Stevie May that he was happy to lose Antonio to get him. In hindsight that seems a terrible decision but at the time I said that it was madness.

Antonio didn't want to go & had just organised his family & friends' tickets for the Brighton match when SG told him that we had accepted an offer for him. It was SG that set up the deal rather than Paul Aldridge because he was friends with Stuart Pearce.

If Antonio joins one of the leading SBC sides then he will make a big difference and probably be worth an additional ten points.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Lambert's going to Blackburn
Cannot see any SBC club considering SG.
Statesideowl likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
If we are not in for a player like Antonio that will improve our squad then we still haven't learnt anything.... Whether he would want to come is another thing. We still haven't replaced his pace and that showed in the last two games. We can't get behind defences unless it's a great pass.

Maybe he did miss a lot of chances and ran around a lot for us but for the trees he had shown how much he is improving and developing. West Ham paid something like 7 million for him !!!!!
madsteve likes this post
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
he would only come and be on the bench, similar to when he left and we were playing better without him in the team. We arent going to drop Bannan, Lee, Wallace, Forestieri just to fit Antonio in somewhere and I doubt West Ham would be happy with that tbh.

I do agree we need pace on the wing though, but for me it would be pace off the bench when fullbacks have tired.
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Antonio is better than our other three wingers Wallace, Sougou and Matias.

Would be a great signing but can't see it happening.
madsteve likes this post
not saying he isnt better than those 3 but to drop wallace for antonio when wallace has been playing so well would be daft. The balance of the team is pretty good as well and bringing Antonio in could shake that, any pacy winger could shake that. Thats why I think pace from the bench would be preferable
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed