Thread Rating:
WBA vs Burnley - Match Thread
Their squad is wafer thin and without being disrespectful it is by far the worst in the league even at full strength, Ings and Vokes are both out and Trippier(their best player) is a doubt - meaning Steven Reid will probably come in at RB, in which case I'd be tempted to stick Varela on the left and then it really could get messy.

Foster
Gamboa - Dawson - Lescott - Pocognoli
Mulumbu - Gardner
Blanco - Sessegnon - Varela
Berahino

That front 4 would terrorise them, I think it could be a big win if AI sets us up to attack them but I would settle for 1-0.
drewks likes this post
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
Big win, eh?
Who remembers 1967 or 1968 (?) we beat them 8-1 with Bobby Hope nabbing a hat-trick?
Not quite Talksaft:-

November 11 1967

Scorers:- Hope(2), Clark(2),Brown, Colquhoun, Kaye & Astle

And Burnley were a good side way back then. They had one of the best Youth Academies going and brought many good players through their system.

Unfortunately, they often had to sell them in order to survive financially.
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
(27-09-2014, 14:54)wba_1996 Wrote: Their squad is wafer thin and without being disrespectful it is by far the worst in the league even at full strength, Ings and Vokes are both out and Trippier(their best player) is a doubt - meaning Steven Reid will probably come in at RB, in which case I'd be tempted to stick Varela on the left and then it really could get messy.

Foster
Gamboa - Dawson - Lescott - Pocognoli
Mulumbu - Gardner
Blanco - Sessegnon - Varela
Berahino

That front 4 would terrorise them, I think it could be a big win if AI sets us up to attack them but I would settle for 1-0.

..looks like one L of a team, that 1996; unfortunately I can't see AI not having the comfort of at least 2 of Brunty, Mozza & Dozza in there to start.... Blush

(Quick look at the table....we could go as high as 8th with a win by 4 goals [so what - "WTF does the table mean at this stage of the season" I hear you all, AND myself, cry!!]
The confidence of 3 wins in a week would be a huge tonic for all though Thumb up )
A win would put us up to 11th and above Everton and Liverpool!
What a difference a week makes eh ?
Just need to do the simple task of winning now....
Erm best not count those chickens :-D
C O Y B
Oh no Merson's prediction is a 2-0 win.  Now I'm worried   Whistle
(27-09-2014, 16:07)talkSAFT Wrote: Big win, eh?
Who remembers 1967 or 1968 (?) we beat them 8-1 with Bobby Hope nabbing a hat-trick?

5-0 at half time. BBC MOTD rushed camera`s over to cover 2nd half. DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
Burnley will come and park the bus. Patience, patience and more patience from players and fans.
2-0 Baggies
C O Y B
ideye tweeted he out of todays game

Ideye Brown @OfficialIdeye · 1h

So Sad to say this,i will be out of today game against Burnley,my Ankle is not 100% good to play? good luck lads #wba

we still have plenty of fire power up front I didn't think he would be risked today
well its that time to head off to pub before the game lol
This may have been posted in another thread but relevant for today in particular. We all know jury still out on AI but fair to say that if Pepe Mel was still in charge Dawson would have been lining up against us today. AI's experience with the Academy at Everton being out to good use.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west...ig-dawson/
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »