Thread Rating:
RIFC
Which is avoiding paying tax then,regardless of how you dress it up it's still illegal.
No, you're wrong. There is a clear difference between a 'tax avoidance scheme' and 'not paying tax'.

Tax avoidance schemes are NOT ILLEGAL.
I never said they weren't I said Craig Whyte avoided paying PAYE.
He avoided doing lots of things. So what?
So he was paying for players he couldn't afford therefore he cheated and Rangers rightfully entered administration due to debts the club run up,then liquidation because they couldn't get a CVA, they cheated right from Murray through to Whyte end of story.
Again, you'll have to prove he was paying for players he couldn't afford. This was all explained to you ages ago, yet you still struggle to understand? Bizarre.

Plus, you seem to be under the impression that entering administration is cheating. Hearts did it too. OK, Hearts agreed a CVA, but answer me this - what percentage did the creditors get in the settlement?
Not entirely sure but if you look back I agreed we cheated
The point is, BDO will be trying to get as close to 100% for the creditors as they can. That's why they'll appeal. They already have £24M and would be due even more.

Hearts' CVA didn't even reach 5p in the pound.
This place is slowly turning into the previous shitehole.
Trusevich likes this post
(09-11-2015, 18:32)Trusevich Wrote: No, you're wrong. There is a clear difference between a 'tax avoidance scheme' and 'not paying tax'.

Tax avoidance schemes are NOT ILLEGAL.

It's the interpretation of said schemes that has been open to question by many qualified financial experts and that is the knub of this whole debate - what is a loan and what is construed to be part of a salary? Some of these schemes were above aboard and of no interest to HMRC. The likes of Rangers oldco's EBT scheme was an illegal manipulation to gain a clear benefit over the British tax payer and that's why HMRC rightly never let this issue go away and stuck with it to it's rightful conclusion!!
Maroon 1 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »