Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
It's probably beyond our budget for the catering to go over to smart tills all round so the servers don't need basic mental arithmetic or even have to put in the prices. Some places have gone over to cashless systems where you pay with a contactless card. Theatres and the like have schemes where you pre-order your interval drinks. Some line em up on a table and rely on you being honest, I can't see that working at foottie, but having pre-paid vouchers for catering would speed things up on the till at half time. They could be like the print at home e-ticket with a list of stuff and a use one time bar code. They could use the same readers from the turnstiles to check you had paid for your order and aren't trying to use last weeks again.
madsteve and A57owl like this post
No to the goal music. I agree it's American sounding. trying to create some sort of sensationalism where there is none.

I always liked passing the flags along the kop in the early-mid 90's though. but can see why it's a pain too.

The band goes both ways. sometimes they drum up an atmosphere where there is none. More often though, they just piss everyone off with the same..song.. for 90 minutes

Pies are 3 quid?! I think last time I bought one they were 1.30 Laugh

Regarding Thurny's incident with the Cashier and Madsteve's experience.This is the problem with a state where education is so heavily underfunded, that even basic math is amiss among the common man. Also, a computer can only be as smart as the program its running, so if it fails. It generally means a monkey programmed it incorrectly.

They should be running an advanced POS system. It should have a little picture of a pie, or if basic just text saying what it is (so a grasp of basic English may be necessary) on the touchscreen and all the workers need to do is press the correlating pictures, then hit 'Total' Doh

A small designated area with automated beverage dispensers would help take the overflow from Queue's. People can vend their drinks, use the touchscreen POS. and either use a prepaid CC or some type of card to swipe, pay and move on

And please, for the love of god. paint the stadium it has looked dingy for years.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(30-10-2015, 16:06)Statesideowl Wrote: No to the goal music. I agree it's American sounding. trying to create some sort of sensationalism where there is none.

I always liked passing the flags along the kop in the early-mid 90's though. but can see why it's a pain too.

The band goes both ways. sometimes they drum up an atmosphere where there is none. More often though, they just piss everyone off with the same..song.. for 90 minutes

Pies are 3 quid?! I think last time I bought one they were 1.30 Laugh

Regarding Thurny's incident with the Cashier and Madsteve's experience.This is the problem with a state where education is so heavily underfunded, that even basic math is amiss among the common man. Also, a computer can only be as smart as the program its running, so if it fails. It generally means a monkey programmed it incorrectly.

They should be running an advanced POS system. It should have a little picture of a pie, or if basic just text saying what it is (so a grasp of basic English may be necessary) on the touchscreen and all the workers need to do is press the correlating pictures, then hit 'Total' Doh

And please, for the love of god. paint the stadium it has looked dingy for years.

By flags, I believe they mean either flag wavers providing a guard of honour as the teams come out, giant flag wavers at the side of the pitch like at Wolves or flag wavers for when a goal is scored like at Arsenal. I don't mind the giant flags passed around before the match.

Maths is funded sufficiently to a basic standard. It is just that so many don't value maths and use a calculator as a crutch. If calculators were banned for all under 14s then people might learn how to add up. I add my whole supermarket bill up in my head & if I am overcharged then I will argue that it is wrong. One bar code came out as £4.10 instead of £1.40 but without adding up the items in my head, I wouldn't have noticed.

An electronic POS system is basic these days but we are 25 years behind the times.
Statesideowl likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
a POS would also help with the stock order and everything. Lost track of the amount of times I've gone down at HT and there's no food left because they've under ordered. Get something in tracking sales of food, link to ticket sales and it's a simple formula then to adjust as and when ticket demand alters
Statesideowl likes this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
For the Hull City match, all the Steak pies were burnt and they had run out of Meat & Potato half an hour before kick off.

The catering staff are shoddy. Maybe it is time for the Club to take on the catering again & make it professional.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Thanks for pointing that out, MS. I didn't even think about that type flags as I haven't seen them all too often. Now that I think about them, I'd rather not have those and they can be scrapped along with the idea of Goal music & Cheerleaders.

Completely agree Thurny. I'm very surprised to hear we're not already running something similar. As you just stated POS systems do way more than make sales easier. They keep track of people clocking in and out. tabs on stock and so much more to streamline almost any business.
My thought as I edited in above. Could be a possible introduction of a small designated area for automated beverage machines on a POS system to lessen the burden of queues.

Hopefully we'll not stay behind for long. Mr Chansiri sounds serious and genuinely wants to hear from the fans. We won't get all our toys for Xmas but he'll buy us something nice I've no doubt Smile
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Don't get me started on cheer leaders.

What a waste of time & effort.

Can cope with the crappy half time competitions - at least they are entertaining.
(30-10-2015, 10:44)madsteve Wrote: The Away End needs attention. I would not be against moving to a new ground in the long term but we need to be filling the place first. Firstly, I would give the Away End a new name so Leppings Lane can be dropped.

Personally, I would move the away fans into a corner of the north or South Stand.

We missed a trick when Derek Dooley died, we could have named the stand after him, since he went to the dark side after we shamefully sacked him on Christmas Eve. However, you need to bear in mind that the tram stop is called Leppings Lane.

I think giving the away fans a part of the North Stand could be a long term plan for during and after the rebuilding of the west end of the stadium.
madsteve likes this post
The main problem with that is that the North Stand is pretty heavily populated even at the end nearest the away fans so the area that would cause the least disruption would be the western end of the South Stand.
The food is dreadful. I can't believe any of you eat that shit.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed