Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Back to more positive things. Our young Keeper Wildsmith continues to impress.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/wilds...33917.aspx
consilio likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Back to negatives !!!

Have you seen the fixture list ? its xxxx ridiclulas !!!!!

We play 5 games in 2 weeks and 2 games within the space of 3days ?? QPR TUESDAY ROTHERHAM FRIDAY WTF ??
Good job we've got two decent teams then Thumb up

Cool
and complicated
It's a brutal run coming up, our previous squads would have never made it. Like Maddix pointed out it's a good job we boast one of the largest squads in the Championship now Big Grin

We don't seem to suffer too badly when, say for example. Hutchinson gets injured/suspended.

Palmers a decent young player, but it hasn't helped him in the past knowing that he would be guaranteed first team football every week regardless of how kak he played the week prior. Now he's struggling to break back in to the squad on a regular basis. This is proof of progress and a positive thing
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(07-10-2015, 21:19)Statesideowl Wrote: It's a brutal run coming up, our previous squads would have never made it. Like Maddix pointed out it's a good job we boast one of the largest squads in the Championship now Big Grin

We don't seem to suffer too badly when, say for example. Hutchinson gets injured/suspended.

Palmers a decent young player, but it hasn't helped him in the past knowing that he would be guaranteed first team football every week regardless of how kak he played the week prior. Now he's struggling to break back in to the squad on a regular basis. This is proof of progress and a positive thing

It'll be the same for the other teams though, apart from the extra Arse game (but even then, some other SBC clubs are still in the LC), so we can't really moan about it. We just have to get on with it  Cool

And phuck me, I'd have played every day of the week on a car park covered in broken glass for their wages  Whistle

in me bare feet  Cool

EDIT:

I've just had a look and I'm quite shocked to find that there is only us, Burra and Hull left in the LC from outside the prem. They must be taking it seriously at last  Cool
Statesideowl likes this post
and complicated
For the last few years the top PL sides have taken the LC seriously. In the last ten years, Man Utd have won it three times, Chelsea twice, Man City & Liverpool once each.

The 7 matches in 22 days will be tough but the Arsenal match is the only one extra to the rest of the division. Personally, I would play the team that won at Newcastle against Arsenal and play our best team in the other matches, probably resting Hutchinson against QPR & Brighton. After that we get a two week break again.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
does anyone want to do the international match threads for tomorrow and next week? Bit tied up atm.
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
I'll do it Thurnscoe.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
cheers kev Thumb up
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(08-10-2015, 10:07)madsteve Wrote: For the last few years the top PL sides have taken the LC seriously. In the last ten years, Man Utd have won it three times, Chelsea twice, Man City & Liverpool once each.

The 7 matches in 22 days will be tough but the Arsenal match is the only one extra to the rest of the division. Personally, I would play the team that won at Newcastle against Arsenal and play our best team in the other matches, probably resting Hutchinson against QPR & Brighton. After that we get a two week break again.

Out of interest, why would you rest Hutchinson in arguably the two most difficult games?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed