Thread Rating:
Team Against Burnley?
4-2-3-1:

............................................................Foster.............................................................

.....Wisdom..............................Dawson...............Lescott..............................Pocognoli.....

..............................................Gardner..............Morrison................................................

.....Blanco...........................................Sessegnon...............................................Brunt.....

...........................................................Berahino.............................................................

.....Subs:..........Myhill-Gk.....Gamboa.....Yacob.....Mulumbu.....Dorrans.....Ideye.....Anichebe.....
We need to be ultra offensive with this one as Burnley will park the bus looking for a quick break but satisfied with a point. So, a more attack minded team maybe?

.....................................................Foster.............................................................

Gamboa..............................Dawson...............Lescott..............................Pocognoli.....

..................................Gardner........................Morrison................................................

Blanco........................................Berahino..............................................Varela

....................................................Ideye............................................................

.....Subs:..........Myhill-Gk.....Wisdom.....Yacob.....Mulumbu.....Dorrans.....Sess
.....................................................Foster.............................................................

...................Dawson...............Lescott....................McAuley..................................

Gamboa........................................................................................Pocognoli.....

Blanco..............................................Sess.....................................................Varela

.....................................Berahino.....................Ideye.............................................
Do we know how bad the injuries are to Ideye and Anichibe?

If either is fit I would rather start with either Mulumbu or Yacob.
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Ideye reckons he will be fit for Saturday - I dont think Irvine will risk him if he is not completely 100% - so I am gonna hazard a guess he will start on the bench.

I also think 4 of the back 5 pick themselves now, with the final CB spot the only one up for grabs at the moment. (and maybe Wisdom / Gamboa's place)

I reckon we will see something like this:

.....................................................Foster.....................​........................................

Wisdom..............................Dawson...............Lescott................​..............Pocognoli.....

..................................Gardner........................Mulumbu.......​.........................................

Blanco........................................Sess..........................​....................Brunt

....................................................Berahino.......................​.....................................

=============================

Think I would like to see:

.....................................................Foster.....................​........................................

Gamboa..............................Mcauley...............Lescott................​..............Pocognoli.....

..................................Gardner........................Mulumbu.......​.........................................

Blanco........................................Sess..........................​....................Varela

....................................................Berahino.......................​.....................................

Don't think too many people will be off the mark. Just depends on how much Irvine wants to persist with Brunt / Dorrans / Mozza as to how we line up
We All Go Boing likes this post
Such a tough call picking a side for Sunday with both XIs winning i reckon Gamboa,Blanco,Berahino have done more than enough to get in the side, Varela looked good when he came on but have the feeling he'll be on the bench. I think the keeper & defence barring the right back picks itself now Pocognoli,Lescott,Dawson leaving the other 4 shirts up for grabs! Over to you Irvine!
Foster
Wisdom-Dawson-Lescott-Pocognoli
Morrison-Gardner
Blanco-Sessegnon-Brunt
Berahino
I said at the end of the window that this would be our "best XI":
Foster
Gamboa - McAuley - Lescott - Pocognoli
Yacob - Mulumbu
Blanco - Sessegnon - Varela
Ideye

I don't think I was far off, with Berahino and Gardner probably the only ones who could be classed as possible improvements. Think the actual team for Burnley will be closer to (or exactly) the one Luke posted.
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
I expect the team to be the same as Spurs.

If anything does change, it would be Dorrans to come out (was the one poor performer last week IMO) but I'm not sure who Irvine will bring in. Blanco did half decent in the week, so would seem like the obvious choice should we want a bit more attacking threat, but an alternative could be to drop Saido back and bring in one of the forwards. At the same time, it wouldn't shock me if Irvine brings in Yacob or Mulumbu and push Mozza out wide and stick with his flat 4. We'll see.

Personally I'd like to see Samaras and Varela used on the wings long term as they are proven and can chip in with some goals. But not holding my breath considering Samaras has been used as a forward so far and Varela seems to be taking a while to get fully fit.
....is it just me?
Shouldn't this whole subject of the team to play "X " be in the match thread that Ska'd does?
Tom_Wba likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »