Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(22-09-2015, 22:50)consilio Wrote: Papers also reporting we have have offered to pay his full wages.  He must be on at least 40k a week.

Frucking ridiculous signing  Doh I could have a go for nowt and do better  Angry

(22-09-2015, 22:50)consilio Wrote: Papers also reporting we have have offered to pay his full wages.  He must be on at least 40k a week.

(22-09-2015, 22:49)Maddix Wrote:
(22-09-2015, 21:05)peiowl Wrote: I'd rather we sign nobody than sign Graham.

I'd rather Hirsty went down to Sugg's and bought a new pair of boots rather than sign Graham  Cool

His son George is scoring plenty of goals for the U18s this season.  No pressure kid........ Laugh

Just make sure no frucker buys him a pint then  Whistle
and complicated
I wouldn't have Graham as my first choice but his record is better than suggested on here. His scoring record has dropped due to playing in the PL but his SBC scoring record since 2009 is 45 goals from 114 matches.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I'd prefer either Joel Campbell at Arsenal on loan or Even Fraiser Campbell from Palace. We need pace up top to stretch defences. While I agree you do need a target man, you don't in every game and only parts of other games. Surely the midfield can pass the ball around while manouvering themselves into attacking positions while playing with a pacey forward. Also a pacey forward can run the channels when under pressure, a big man needs it played perfect to him to have any chance of holding it and releasing an on rushing player.

Joel Campbell it is for me. He would add something different to our team too.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
Need to be able to hold up play and bring others into the game.
(23-09-2015, 00:46)Towinjustonce Wrote: I'd prefer either Joel Campbell at Arsenal on loan or Even Fraiser Campbell from Palace. We need pace up top to stretch defences. While I agree you do need a target man, you don't in every game and only parts of other games. Surely the midfield can pass the ball around while manouvering themselves into attacking positions while playing with a pacey forward. Also a pacey forward can run the channels when under pressure, a big man needs it played perfect to him to have any chance of holding it and releasing an on rushing player.

Joel Campbell it is for me. He would add something different to our team too.

A good front man needs to be able to hold the ball up but that doesn't mean that he has to be huge and slow. Jordan Rhodes holds the ball up well but also has some pace & scores bag loads of goals.

We are generally quite a small team though and Nuhiu or Joao do play an important role defending set pieces so a replacement would need to be able to fulfil that role.

CC view on Hutchinson's combative style.

http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/...p?a=414453
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Exactly. Rhodes does play in a front two at Rovers though and was most successful alongside Gestede who is as good in the air as anybody.

Wood is so effective at Leeds because he has pace whilst still being big and strong and excellent at the target man role.

Graham would be a massive waste of money.
(23-09-2015, 09:12)consilio Wrote: Exactly.  Rhodes does play in a front two at Rovers though and was most successful alongside Gestede who is as good in the air as anybody.  

Wood is so effective at Leeds because he has pace whilst still being big and strong and excellent at the target man role.  

Graham would be a massive waste of money.

Graham does seem to be expensive for what he offers but if he gets 15+ goals & takes us into the playoffs, is it a waste?
Wouldn't be a waste if that happened MS but based on his record it seems improbable. Just looking at part of his scoring record seems imo to be skewing the conclusions. I guess many of us had hoped for a better signing now we have money to spend.
Statesideowl and consilio like this post
"God Save the King."
In my humble, for a club of our current stature. We shouldn't be desperate enough to go down the path of a slightly improved version of Bothroyd.

30-40k a week, for a player of his calibre? No wonder he's been loaned out everywhere as they try to get him off the wage bill!!

I'll bet if you can pull up a list of players whom are on the same wages, he'd be in the bottom half in terms of production for price.

I'd rather stick with Nuhiu up front than make such a ridiculous signing.

It'd cost 1.2 Million to loan him for 8 months. So if he were to get that 15 goals ( Which he wouldn't), that'd be almost 100k per goal we'd be paying for. Doh
peiowl likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(23-09-2015, 14:48)Statesideowl Wrote: In my humble, for a club of our current stature. We shouldn't be desperate enough to go down the path of a slightly improved version of Bothroyd.

30-40k a week, for a player of his calibre? No wonder he's been loaned out everywhere as they try to get him off the wage bill!!

I'll bet if you can pull up a list of players whom are on the same wages, he'd be in the bottom half in terms of production for price.

I'd rather stick with Nuhiu up front than make such a ridiculous signing.

It'd cost 1.2 Million to loan him for 8 months. So if he were to get that 15 goals ( Which he wouldn't), that'd be almost 100k per goal we'd be paying for. Doh

Firstly, he is nothing like Bothroyd. Bothroyd was talented but had a massive ego that seemed to stop him trying. Graham is an artisan but has scored goals at this level. If you look at the cost, he is only worth signing if he lifts us into the Playoffs from outside the top six or into automatic promotion from the Playoffs. Otherwise, we are wasting our money.

He would be an improvement on Nuhiu but for the extra 7-10 goals, is he worth it? Again, only if he lifts us to a position to get promoted. I also accept that he might not meet the standards that the Club expects. It then begs the question, if we are prepared to pay that amount for Graham, why not pay a little bit more & get Hooper or someone of that standard.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed