Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
(20-09-2015, 10:26)madsteve Wrote:
(20-09-2015, 08:54)St Charles Owl Wrote: Well after my trip to Vegas I am leaving tomorrow with an extra $150 in my pocket.  Nothing earth shattering but I play blackjack for fun and for the free beer while you are sat at the table so I call that a success!!!

Get into poker. It is so much more fun & Skilful.

I love playing poker, just don't get that many chances to do it and I don't yet have the confidence to sit down at a real table.  
Rikard Karlberg, Nice one son Thumb up Big Grin Thumb up Big Grin
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I got both Fitzpatrick & Willett for Tied third so should be in profit.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I speak to soo again! Not had a bad weekend then! Wish I had time to jump on the footy bets too!

Always next weekend! Thanks for sharing the tips MS and Owlkev!

Still well in profit since following your tips!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
As anticipated, Jason Day won the BMW comfortably by six shots.

Our guys

Zach Johnson -11 Tied 13th
Louis Oosterhuizen -10 Tied 19th
David Lingmerth -2 Tied 49th
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Stenson T10
Streb T23
Koepka T49
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(20-09-2015, 18:24)Owlkev71 Wrote: Rikard Karlberg, Nice one son Thumb up Big Grin Thumb up Big Grin

Bit annoyed with myself as I have been following Karlberg & backed him a few times. Shame to miss him when he got his first win.
How are our long term bets doing?

Here are comparisons of our price with the current price.

Championship

Middlesbrough to Win (e/w) 11/2 (Now 6/4) Excellent, Going to Plan
Sheff Wed to Win (e/w) 28/1 (Now 50/1) Played 4 of Top 6 already so in false position
Huddersfield to be Relegated 4/1 (Now 4/1) Showing signs of life
Blackburn to be Relegated 8/1 (Now 7/1) Two good results in four days is bad news
Burnley Top North West Side 6/5 (Now 1/7) As good as won already
Sheff Wed Top Half 4/5 (Now 11/8) Great value at 11/8, more investment
Birmingham Top Half 5/4 (Now Evens) Still value at Evens
Blackburn Bottom Half 5/6 (Now 4/11) Happy so far
QPR Bottom Half 11/8 (Now 7/4) Could go either way but with Austin, doesn't look good
Leeds Bottom Half 4/6 (Now 8/11) Could go either way but still fancy this one
Benik Afobe Top Goalscorer 9/1 (12/1) Needs to get going & Austin staying at QPR is bad
David Nugent Top Goalscorer 16/1 (25/1) Two in two matches, should get 20+
Top Six - Middlesbrough 4/6 (Now 1/8) Would cash out singles but looking very good
Top Six - Hull City Evens (Now 4/6) Looking very solid for Top 6

League One

Swindon to Win (e/w) 18/1 (Now 33/1) Too inconsistent, looking unlikely
Barnsley to Win (e/w) 20/1 (Now 50/1) Will improve but top three is very unlikely
Bury to Win (e/w) 35/1 (Now 20/1) Matching expectations
Blackpool to be Relegated 11/5 (Now 1/3) Looking Good
Southend to be Relegated 4/1 (Now 10/1) Good week for Southend, Bad week for us.
Port Vale to be Relegated 13/8 (Now 5/1) Performing better than anticipated
Top Half - Burton Evens (Now 1/4) Great start, Looks Good
Top Half - Rochdale 6/4 (Now 2/5) Confident of this one
Top Half - Shrewsbury 5/6 (Now 13/8) Just haven't settled. Not looking Good
Top Half - Bury 10/11 (Now 8/13) Moving Along Nicely
Bottom Half - Chesterfield 10/11 (Now 11/8) Slipping after Good Start, More Investment?
Bottom Half - Walsall 8/11 (Now 10/3) Looking Lost
Leon Clarke Top Goalscorer 16/1 (Now 16/1) About where I Expected
Tom Bradshaw Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 10/1) If he stays fit, will be close
Paddy Madden Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 12/1) Keeps Scoring in Poor Side
Top Six Swindon 2/1 (Now 4/1) Looking Bad
Top Six Barnsley 2/1 (Now 6/1) Looking Bad

League Two

Portsmouth to Win (e/w) 4/1 (Now 10/3) About Right but Could do with Run of Wins
Top Half Wycombe 5/6 (Now 1/4) Happy
Top Half Bristol Rovers 8/11 (Now 4/6) About Right
Top Seven - Orient 11/8 (Now 1/3) Looking Comfortable
Top Seven - Northampton 13/8 (Now 6/4) Good Win at Weekend, On Course
Matt Green Top Scorer 25/1 (Now 33/1) About Right So Far

I think that Charlton look like good value for relegation from SBC at 4/1 so could be a good addition to the portfolio.
Accumulator:

Chelsea 15th
Hull 3rd
Blades 7th
Portsmouth 3rd
Had a go on the lottery at the weekend Confused It cost me £28m to do all the 14 million combinations Doh I did win £4.7m Thumb up but my bank manager has left an urgent voicemail about my overdraft limits Blush

Big Grin
Owlkev71 likes this post
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »