Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(02-09-2015, 02:11)St Charles Owl Wrote: I think we all agree that Nuhiu is not a 20 goal a season striker but (unfortunately) he offers other attributes that are important to the team rather than the individual.  As MS said his defensive duties are important due to the relatively small team we currently have, he can be a target man and can hold up the ball effectively and he can pass.  Until we have a striker that can do some of these as effectively AND stick the ball in the net 20 times, then I think CC will have Nuhiu in the squad for most games.  One thing is for sure, the other strikers we have with the exception of probably Joao are not as effective for the team as he is, so this means that the midfielders are going to have to get the goals that we cannot rely on the strikers to get.

I would add that Nuhiu had the lowest pass completion rate for any outfield player in SBC last season, and was bettered by several keepers so I think it is a bit of a myth that he can pass. I also think that he is hit & miss at holding the ball up. Some days (or spells), he holds it up well whereas other days, everything bounces off him.

Just because CC rates May, Lavery & Bus less doesn't make Nuhiu suddenly a good player, just one that fills a need better in the short term.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/...-1-7438919

Thank God we didn't sign this jumped up idiot.
(02-09-2015, 10:45)consilio Wrote: http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/...-1-7438919

Thank God we didn't sign this jumped up idiot.

Doubt that that is the whole truth.

On happier news, we might be seeing some of this soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR0C4GTYyQc&app=desktop
Maddix likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
With the attitude of modern players it really wouldn't surprise me
He has denied it on twitter today.

Great News. Westwood extends his contract to 2018!

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/westw...65176.aspx
Southeyowl likes this post
Best news of the transfer window Madsteve!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
Quality Keeper tied down. Poachers are going to have to pay the big bucks now if they want to come sniffing around our Club!

Hard to say about the Hooper issue, it's most likely somewhere in the middle. The whole deal never felt good to me so I'm not unhappy it didn't pan out.
There's definitely a different mentality about the modern player, as Consilio said. Some right over-privileged turds knocking about.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
I think both of you have a corner on the truth. Yes, he will be in the squad as SCO predicts. But, MS knows his stats and the hype about Nuhiu holding the ball up, passing well may just be that - hype.
"God Save the King."
If you want Nuhiu to be effective, play the ball to his feet, because he does have pretty good feet for a big guy, then the midfield need to support him and we play from there. I'm not a Nuhiu fan but CC likes him.

I think Joao would thrive from through balls from our midfield and maybe from crosses going by his goal against Mansfield.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Hooper has tweeted that the Exec box news is Bullshit!

Sheffield Star getting their news from twitter rumours!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed