Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Why has May been treated unfairly?
I'd say he was last season. Played a blinder away at Brum then dropped until christmas time.
This season is a case of moving onto bigger and better things. He either goes out and proves he can cut it or we get rid. Simples.

No room for sentiment at Sheffield Wednesday anymore
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
May's having it no different under CC than Madine did under SG

For whatever reason CC doesn't want him, he isn't breaking in to the first team so he might as well move to where he can. He's decent and young. We should let Chezzy have him, I reckon he'd be among top scorers in L1 then slap a cool 1M tag on him. Lavery can go with him as a double deal.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Agree no room for sentiment. Why do I think he's been treated unfairly? Thought I'd already answered that. Because he's not been given any match time this season to show what he can do. Last season he was time after time benched in favor of Nuhiu even when the latter was bloody awful. . His confidence must be shattered. I can only surmise that something off the field has blighted him because he's not been on it.
"God Save the King."
To be fair May played as many minutes as Nuhiu last season and scored less goals!! He obviously hasn't shown enough in training nor in the pre-season games to impress CC, that happens at every club when a new manager comes in, so for me it's time for him to move on.
consilio likes this post
(28-08-2015, 03:00)peiowl Wrote: Agree no room for sentiment.  Why do I think he's been treated unfairly?  Thought I'd already answered that. Because he's not been given any match time this season to show what he can do. Last season he was time after time benched in favor of Nuhiu even when the latter was bloody awful. . His confidence must be shattered. I can only surmise that something off the field has blighted him because he's not been on it.

He had more than enough game time last year. The new management committee obviously don't think he's good enough.  They have watched him during pre-season and will also have watched footage of him from last season.  He doesn't fit into the current system so it's time to move him on.  

I think if we weren't comparing him to Nuhiu you wouldn't be bothered.  At this moment in time, he is not worth his place in the side ahead of Nuhiu, or Joao.  Also, with one or two new strikers signing this week we need to get rid.
May needs to find his feet in the English game, in my opinion. A season long loan somewhere will do him good.

According to Radio Sheffield this morning, we are aggressively trying to get two strikers in before the deadline on Tuesday.
Thurnscoe_OWL and peiowl like this post
JUST SAYING LIKE!
Vydra, Forestieri & Hooper the striker targets.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
would be very happy with any 2 from the 3 targets!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
Ideally I would like to loan him to a lower SBC team like Rotherham so he can prove himself at this level.
Thurnscoe_OWL likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed