Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
Czech Open Golf

Eddie Pepperill 18/1 - course is ideally suited to his style of play where length is an advantage & scoring will be tough. He finished fifth here last year.

Bradley Dredge 28/1 - was second here last year & finished 6th last week

Thomas Pieters 80/1 - back last week after health issue & hit final round of 67. Course suits & is good value.

Obviously all bets are each way but I am looking for a win with Pepperill & Dredge.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Well in the end won naff all at Wyndham despite several players in contention on the final day, here's to better luck this week.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Have added Rikard Karlberg at 30/1 in a weak field for the Czech Masters. He has the good length & GIR required here & was in contention last week before finishing 14th.

Also added a punt on Roope Kakko at 66/1. He meets the profile for this course.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Czech Open

Victor Dubuisson 14/1
Bradley Dredge 25/1
Michael Hoey 40/1
Nicolas Colsaerts 66/1
John Hahn 80/1
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(26-08-2015, 14:49)Owlkev71 Wrote: Czech Open

Victor Dubuisson 14/1
Bradley Dredge 25/1
Michael Hoey 40/1
Nicolas Colsaerts 66/1
John Hahn 80/1

Dubuisson is the obvious favourite here. Can't find 14/1 any more & has to have a great shout.

Dredge is one of my tips but has let me down a few times. Hopefully he can put four good rounds together.

Hahn is an interesting choice. He is someone that I have on my radar but not sure that he is quite there yet. Got T6 at the Lyoness back in June. Is there a reason why you fancy him here?
Several top 10 finishes, and after missing 4 straight cuts has done pretty well in the last 2 events coming 2nd in the NI Open a few weeks back.
(26-08-2015, 15:48)Owlkev71 Wrote: Several top 10 finishes, and after missing 4 straight cuts has done pretty well in the last 2 events coming 2nd in the NI Open a few weeks back.

That was a challenger event wasn't it. Think I backed McArthur there. It is quite a step up from a challenger event to the European tour although the field is weaker this week. Might be worth a few bob.
Reasonably happy with my selections in the Czech Masters although wish I had stuck with Fitzpatrick for another week.

Pieters 80/1 -6 Tied 3rd
Kakko 66/1 -5 Tied 7th
Pepperill 18/1 -3 Tied 21st
Karlberg 30/1 -2 Tied 39th
Dredge 28/1 +2 Tied 118th

Quite happy to have four out of five players well positioned after the first day.

Have a few small bets for this weekend. All look good but it is August so form isn't too solid.

Rotherham v Fulham

I favour low corners here. Five of the Millers last seven at home have failed to reach 10.5 Corners (8-8-14-9-7-14-5) while all of the Cottagers last five (9-8-7-10-7) on the road has fallen short of this line. Bet on Under 11 Corners (DNB) at 1.85.

Sheff Wed v Middlesbrough

Eight of Wednesday's last nine at home (8-8-6-6-9-10-11.9-6) have fallen short of 10.5 corners while Boro's two away matches this season have had 2 & 7 corners. Bet on Under 10.5 Corners at 1.95.

Bradford v Port Vale

City were great for low home corners last season & they have extended their run to ten consecutive low corner matches (8-6-10-10-10-4-5-9-8-9). Vale match up reasonably well with eight of their last eleven away failing to reach 10.5 corners (7-8-15-10-8-12-8-8-10-13-9). Bet on Under 10.5 Corners at 1.95.

Peterboro v Gillingham

This is a perfect match up for low corners. Boro have had 12 of their last 13 at home dropping short of 10.5 corners (9-8-8-5-6-9-16-4-10-6-5-9-7) wile the Gills have had seven consecutive unders on the road (5-5-10-10-10-6-9). Bet on Under 11 Corners (DNB) at 1.825

Accrington v Northampton

Another perfect match up for low corners. Stanley's last six home matches have all failed to reach 10.5 corners ( 7-8-7-7-7-8) as have the Cobblers last six away matches (5-7-9-9-10-10) Bet on Under 10.5 Corners at 1.90.

All bets are with Bet365.

I have a few correct score bets

Hull City v Preston 1-0 2-0
Coventry v Southend 1-0 2-0
Oxford v Yeovil 2-1 3-1

No big bets though.
I have been looking at the US Tennis Open and feel that there is little value in Djokovic & Williams, the likely winners so I have looked for players at longer prices with a decent each way value.

In the Men's Event, I have gone with Stan Wawrinka at 20/1 & John Isner at 150/1. Both are in the other half from Djokovik so have an improved chance. Isner has to play Federer in Round Three but if anyone can beat Federer at this stage, it is Isner, particularly on these courts.

In the Women's Event, I go with Lucie Safarova at 66/1 and Belinda Bencic at 25/1. Safarova has got the perfect draw & avoids Williams until the final. Bencic is in Williams' quarter but Williams has potentially a tough route through to the final with Sloan Stephens and Radwanska as obstacles before Bencic & Sharapova.

Hopefully these four will give us a good value for money run.
Jumped on your golf selections Madsteve! Might look at your Footy bets if I get chance to stick em on!

Hope you don't mind!

Only £1 bets, trying to get a pot together!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »