Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(27-08-2015, 15:36)Statesideowl Wrote: That's a crying shame if we've just signed  Defender (Lachman) that CC doesn't rate. Pretty stupid in fact.

It's funny you mentioned DP, I was actually thinking about him when I read the article and how this resonates Big Grin

How do you know that  Hooper is "happy" to sign? I can barely find any info about the situation at all!

I understand that Hooper has agreed to sign on a season long loan but Norwich want us to pay 100% of his wages while Wednesday thought they had agreed on a lower percentage. Both clubs are now posturing with Wednesday saying they have other targets & Norwich saying Hooper will be involved this weekend. 

Who Blinks First!
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I see.

To be honest he's not worth 32k a week. That's surely double the wage any other player at the club is on, nearly 1M in wages over the course.
Add the fee for the loan and we're looking at 1.5M to borrow a player for 8 months.

Arguably this is peanuts if he propelled us into the playoffs. No risk, no reward and all that.

I just can't make much sense of what's happening. We have 5 strikers, apparently only one is worth a shit?

We've signed a defender that CC doesn't rate? And now a veteran defender on a season long loan. Whistle
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(27-08-2015, 15:53)madsteve Wrote:
(27-08-2015, 15:36)Statesideowl Wrote: That's a crying shame if we've just signed  Defender (Lachman) that CC doesn't rate. Pretty stupid in fact.

It's funny you mentioned DP, I was actually thinking about him when I read the article and how this resonates Big Grin

How do you know that  Hooper is "happy" to sign? I can barely find any info about the situation at all!

I understand that Hooper has agreed to sign on a season long loan but Norwich want us to pay 100% of his wages while Wednesday thought they had agreed on a lower percentage. Both clubs are now posturing with Wednesday saying they have other targets & Norwich saying Hooper will be involved this weekend. 

Who Blinks First!

If I was in charge then they'd blink first Laugh
fook them. If they're moving goalposts then let them keep him.

apparently bid 3m for forrestieri so just get him in and stick 2 fingers up to norwich
Statesideowl likes this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(27-08-2015, 16:24)Statesideowl Wrote: I see.

To be honest he's not worth 32k a week. That's surely double the wage any other player at the club is on, nearly 1M in wages over the course.
Add the fee for the loan and we're looking at 1.5M  to borrow a player for 8 months.

Arguably this is peanuts if he propelled us into the playoffs. No risk, no reward and all that.

I just can't make much sense of what's happening. We have 5 strikers, apparently only one is worth a shit?

We've signed a defender that CC doesn't rate? And now a veteran defender on a season long loan. Whistle

I suspect that Lachman, May & Lavery will be going out on loan or leaving shortly with Dielna probably joining them.

Wasn't Lachman signed before CC joined? 
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I believe that's the case MS.

I think Lachman signed a week or two before CC finally announced? It's the committee responsible for the signings now if I am not mistaken and not CC?
If I were Lachman I'd be pissed off, signing a 2 year deal at a new club, within 2 weeks the new manager doesn't rate me. Who's going to take him from us?

Which is sort of my point about the committee, Shouldn't they have known CC was in the pipeline with regard to a couple of these signings? What level of communication are we operating at within the club?

IMO there's a little bit of incompetence and desperation knocking about the club still.

I am surprised that May/Lavery already haven't been sent down the A61 to Chezzy so that they can play football.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Some players look for loans so they can play while others shun them.

We will have a better idea of which category players are in next week.
"Forestieri scored his first goals as a permanent Watford player against Sheffield Wednesday on 5 March 2013 – netting a brace at Vicarage Road in an emotional 2–1 win where Forestieri was spotted crying and kissing the Watford badge after the final whistle"

We could do with a good badge kisser Whistle

So, we're listening to offers for May. He's as good as done with us. This just leaves Lavery needing somewhere to go, and now Lachman unless he is nothing more than backup.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...esday-exit

No idea why there's 2 Stevie May's in the picture. It's against the laws of physics.
Radio Sheffield claiming tonight that Lachman can leave and we are also interested in Vydra from Watford! Looking to try and get two strikers in
JUST SAYING LIKE!
(27-08-2015, 20:39)Southeyowl Wrote: Radio Sheffield claiming tonight that Lachman can leave and we are also interested in Vydra from Watford! Looking to try and get two strikers in

I mention Vydra last weekend as a decent option after Watford said he could go on a season long loan.
(27-08-2015, 20:14)Statesideowl Wrote: "Forestieri scored his first goals as a permanent Watford player against Sheffield Wednesday on 5 March 2013 – netting a brace at Vicarage Road in an emotional 2–1 win where Forestieri was spotted crying and kissing the Watford badge after the final whistle"

We could do with a good badge kisser Whistle

So, we're listening to offers for May. He's as good as done with us. This just leaves Lavery needing somewhere to go, and now Lachman unless he is nothing more than backup.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...esday-exit

No idea why there's 2 Stevie May's in the picture. It's against the laws of physics.

I hope the lad goes on and becomes a top striker with another cub. Piss poor treatment from swfc. I wish him well and if he plays against us, I hope he scores a hat trick. To coin an old expression, I guess his face didn't fit. Doh Doh
"God Save the King."
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed