Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
So we are getting desperate then..

Did great for us, a decade ago.. in the pub league...

Absolute madness. We don't need a veteran striker to fix our midfield inability to do their job..
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
I really don't know about Jones!! He is a goal in every 4 games striker, so hardly prolific but he does come with a lot of experience, something we do not have with our strikers. Problem is who else is out there that we can first of all afford and secondly that will guarantee the goals?? Rhodes will get you the goals but at 14m he should be way off our radar!! Jones will be cheaper but doesn't by any means guarantee the goals! I suppose with our current set up we expect the midfield to contribute far more goals than in the past so maybe having a prolific striker is not absolutely necessary, maybe a guy who could get say 15 goals with a couple of midfielders also approaching that mark would be good enough, and then maybe, just maybe Jones fits the bill.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...ading.html
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Considering that DC's money doesn't come from the fishing industry nor from TUV this seems like a bit of a "red herring" story really!! Sure, the family in general are involved in TUV but DC has outside interests mainly including property.
alan nixon reporting we've jumped to the front of the list for Gary Hooper with a "stunning offer"
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
I really hope not Thurny. As with Jones, The wages these in-decline players are commanding is ludicrous.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/spor...-1-7422258

Was very happy to see Slade rubbish rumours of Jones being bid by the Owls.

IMO, we just need to get the midfield firing together and there's no doubt in my mind the goals will come from the players already in the squad.
We've seen the type of football we're capable of when the players work for one another. I don't believe a knee jerk signing is the answer.

5-6 Strikers at the club when we play one at a time up top? Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit daft? Get midfield to do its job!!
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
The Hooper link is solid. Doesn't mean it will happen but we are prepared to pay around £1.5m loan fee plus 75% of his wages for a season long loan. This suggests that DC is trying to get promoted this season.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Had a txt from my pal saying we are trying to get a loan deal for Forrestieri, or how ever you spell it from Watford!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
(21-08-2015, 16:41)Southeyowl Wrote: Had a txt from my pal saying we are trying to get a loan deal for Forrestieri, or how ever you spell it from Watford!

That was on a rumours site yesterday - the 14th striker they have linked us with & the third in three days.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
As we stand today I think we can write off May or Lavery as getting any game time as a striker. Lavery might be back-up for Wallace on the wing but thats about it. I would definitely loan these two out asap. That leaves us with Nuhiu, we know what we get here, Bus, no idea what we get here and Joao, the one with potential but don't want to over play him!! On that basis I would be happy to bring in a striker that can score more than these guys probably will and for me I would prefer to see Hooper brought in than Jones but I do think we need someone.
madsteve likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed