Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
(22-07-2015, 17:51)St Charles Owl Wrote: Where are you going on your hols MS?

Florida
St Charles Owl likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
just put a long shot acca on:

Everton, Derby, Ipswich, Wolves, Hull, Wigan, Walsall, Leyton Orient, Pompey

50p (all I had left) returns £664. Thumb up

lets hope it's a winner Thumb upCoolThumb up
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
You could have bought a can of Skol with that 50p Thurny Doh

Where is it now Huh in bloody Paddy Ladbrooke's back pocket Doh
and complicated
(22-07-2015, 17:40)madsteve Wrote: Off on holiday so had to place a few bets today. Will have to update after the first round of fixtures when I return when we will know better the squads that clubs will have.

Championship:

Huddersfield to be Relegated 4/1
Blackburn to be relegated 8/1
Top Half - Sheff Wed 4/5
Bottom Half - Blackburn 5/6
Bottom Half - QPR 11/8
Top North West Side - Burnley 6/5

League One:

Barnsley to Win (e/w) 20/1
Bury to Win (e/w) 35/1
Southend to be Relegated 4/1
Port Vale to be Relegated 13/8
Top Half - Bury 10/11
Top Half - Shrewsbury 5/6
Bottom Half Chesterfield 10/11
Bottom Half - Walsall 8/11

League Two:

Portsmouth to Win (e/w) 4/1

I have done Top Six/Seven multiples although I have to say I am not as confident this season as previous season.

Top Six - Hull City Evens
Top Six - Middlesbrough 4/6
Top Six Swindon 2/1
Top Six - Barnsley 2/1
Top Seven - Orient 11/8
Top Seven - Northampton 13/8

Twenty Bets of combinations of doubles & trebles. Could include Portsmouth & Sheff Utd if you prefer less risk.

Good Luck!

Happy with the start. Only Barnsley let me down really on the first weekend.

Pissed off to miss Shane Lowry due to holiday winning the Bridgestone at 100/1. I have been backing him all season but missed his big win.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I just came on to see if you backed Lowry, as I've been in gran canaria for 2 weeks, and just heard he won!

He's down to 55/1 for the PGA championship only starting Thursday. I'd quite like to back him, but I am not sure he's got it in him to top it. Tempted to revert back to Ricky Fowler at 22s for this one.
US PGA Championship:

Speith 13/2
McIlroy 11/1
Fowler 20/1
Woods 50/1
Lowry 50/1
Z Johnson 50/1
Willett 90/1
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I've backed Fowler at 22's and Adam Scott at 28's both e/w (top 6)
Here are my bets for the USPGA

Jordan Speith 8/1 (Hills)
Bubba Watson 14/1 (General)
Dustin Johnson 16/1 (General)
Ricky Fowler 22/1 (Coral)
Louis Oosterhuizen 40/1 (General)
Shane Lowry 60/1 (Bet365)
Danny Willett 100/1 (General)
Danny Lee 100/1 (Coral)
Tommy Fleetwood 250/1 (Coral)
Andy Sullivan 300/1 (SKY Bet)

Think that is a portfolio that should get me at least two places and a good shot at the winner. I have gone with similar players to the last two majors as the course is quite similar. Bubba is an addition as he has good course form & Andy Sullivan is showing form of a 66/1 player so is a bit of value. 9/1 for a Top Twenty finish on Anderson could be a decent punt.
Got a place on Speith for second, which was my big bet and got a shared place on Dustin for 7th. Had my usual on Tiger to miss the cut which is easy money but only 6/4 now & might be odds on next year.

Had some extra football bets on Friday.

Middlesbrough to win SBC at 6/1
David Nugent for SBC Top Scorer 18/1
Benik Afobe for SBC Top Scorer at 9/1
Leon Clarke for L1 Top Scorer at 20/1
Paddy Madden for L1 Top Scorer at 40/1
Tom Bradshaw for L1 Top Scorer at 40/1

Boro won while Madden scored twice & Bradshaw once. Sadly Leon missed a penalty.
Just Speith got me anything from the weekends last Major.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »