Thread Rating:
Tottenham vs WBA - Match Thread
Well, in the OP I asked for signs of improvement - ANYTHING to give us a bit of hope and belief - and fair play to the team and to Irvine, they've delivered it today. Lescott is an absolute colossus at the back, our defence seems ten times more solid with him commanding the line. Great to see the return of Sessegnon, and Berahino is also looking a proper handful when played up top, though obviously he still needs to keep working and keep learning. Better too from Brunty, Mozza and Dozza, and Gardner's a real threat lurking around the eighteen-yard line at corners.

I'm not going to get too carried away with today's win, because it really needs to be built on with another three points against Burnley to get us properly back on track, but for the time being I'm quietly happy that we're not quite the utter shambles we were made to look for the last few weeks on the trot. More of the same, Alan, and we may be going places.

Also, worth mentioning that this is the first Albion win at White Hart Lane since November 1984. Another little Premier League hoodoo struck off the list.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Saido, Lescott both outstanding today. Now need to get the remaining players in the frame and get them match fit . Hull gives AI a great opportunity to mix it up and still get the result we need.
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis.
Well Done at last. Thoroughly deserved and no one can deny it.

Battle and Passion goes a long way and that comes for free so Cmon Albion lets push on.

Pleased for Irvine and the players. Was still a baffling 11 and bench for me but ig worked. Lescott was immense. Where was Yacob, Blanco and Still no Varela?

I'd still prefer Gamboa to Wisdom but Olsson wasnt missed at all. Dawson was solid too. All good and looking foward to MOTD 2
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
Just in....WHAT A RESULT! Thumb up
BBC site write up not there yet but the few lines say it was a deserved win which is great, and (might I say) even better when you look at the starting 11 - NONE of the new, more creative players picked to start and we STILL put on what seems a good show. Cool
I know that one swallow doesn't make a summer (or something), but maybe this will give a few thousand Baggies some food for thought, and they will cut AI a bit of slack; he's obviously pulled it off VERY well selection-wise and tactically today. With a bit of confidence back in the squad plus more of the newbies coming into contention it seems that we MAY have something to look forward to after all! Big Grin
Once again the UNPREDICTABLE Baggies.

Pleased to hear that Merson is again made to look an Idiot!!!
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Bollocks

I don't know how to feel ..........

Really wanted us to get a pasting today Wink

Ok i never want my Baggies to lose so all above only in Jest,

I think as Skad mentioned however this result will mean nothing if we do not beat Burnley where i hope we pick a more attacking team,

Team selections from AI seems baffling still , however the proof of the Pudding is in the 3 points and every time i use my Bonus ball on a Baggies defeat we win Laugh Take note you pillock Whistle

AI out of the firing line for the time being but a poor result against Burnley and the knives will be out again.

I hope this result is good for us in the long run and its just not a endless stay of execution Dodgy
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Wink  Whistle I always said Alan Irvine was a brilliant manager and that Brunty, Fozza, Dozza and Mozza were ace !    Wink Whistle

Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin
I'm not the biggest Berahino fan, but thought he was great up top today on his own most of the time. Won quite a lot against Kaboul.

Glad to see sess back, he was good.

Lescott fantastic. If he can keep that sort of thing up l, first name on the team sheet. Expect to see a motd piece on Lescott specifically tonight. Real monster at the back today. Brunt better but average, ditto Morrison and Dorrans. Would still like to see at least one or 3 if them out (based on the assumption we have better in the wings)

Great 3 points which needs reinforcing against Burnley
Credit where credit is due. That is a brilliant 3 points and sounds like Lescott had a stormer. Not Morrisons biggest fan after last season but sounds like he played well so fair play.
What a great end to the weekend.
Boing boing bring on Burnley. Big Grin
Absolutely gutted - how to turn a dreadful prediction week into an absolute ********* disaster. Does this mean I've got to predict us to lose every week?

I'll still have to have a couple of celebratory drinks tonight
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »