Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
We supposedly upped the bid for Joao a few days ago after our 2.4M offer was refused.

I'd expect it to be one or the other Kev. I can't see us loaning Jones AND signing Joao, we'd have 4 striker that never played!!
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
I am not convinced about Jones anyway. 320 apps with 80 odd goals, was much more prolific when younger but has struggled a bit with his last three clubs making nearly 150 apps for only 26 goals and is now 30 years old. Personally I would bet on May, Bus and Lavery maybe being better options than him now!!
Joao was also Matias' strike partner at Nacional. I'm guessing the thinking here is simply 2 good players that already know one another.

I think if Lopez pulls up a few tree's he'll be ours at the end of the season too.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Yes, Joao definitely has that going for him and if he signs it should certainly help not just him but Matias settle much quicker. We really need to start the season well and build momentum from there if we are to stand any chance of the playoffs, if we start badly I can see crowds dropping and the atmosphere at S6 going downhill with it!!
Statesideowl likes this post
(30-07-2015, 10:59)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote:
(30-07-2015, 10:56)Southeyowl Wrote: What has happened to this Marquee signing we were told was coming?

I wont be wasting 6 pints (Nags head, Loxley) money on watching St Mirren on Satdi!

it's coming. Marquee signing will be tying Nuhiu down to a 3 year deal Whistle

Perfect solution, Thurny. Why didn't I think of that? Doh Laugh
"God Save the King."
Just watched last nights friendly and worrying is all the goals scunthorpe scored came from RB & LB mistakes or bad postioning !! stick palmer back at Rb ffs !! and we need this Lb SIGNED QUICKLY !!
I thought Palmer played at RB last night??
1st goal was Lopez fault for pulling out of a tackle, the 4th goal was Semedo fault for messing about with ball. Palmer & Helan were the starting FB last night
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Still no announcement on Wiggings.

I think we'll all feel a lot better when a natural LB signs.
Rumours are that the Wiggins deal is off for now.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed