Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
He's spent more than Mandaric did already. When you look deeper at the pricing structure it's no way as bad as I and many others first thought
cheapest ticket prices v Bristol are the highest in the championship by £7 (cheapest v cheapest)
cheapest ticket prices v Bristol are in the top 10 in the country (cheapest v cheapest)

Now, I've not compared the most expensive but at £46 on the south I'd hazard a guess at this trend continuing.

He also HASN'T confirmed the prices for any other league games other than Bristol and Reading. Both are ridiculously priced considering one has JUST come up from L1 and the other is Reading on a Tuesday night. There is no suggestion that tickets will be much cheaper than the £30 you'll be charged for the Reading game. It's oreyt though, just buy a membership deal and then everything is dandy.

Don't know why I'm even moaning, I got a ST and I'm paying £11 a game. Fúck everyone else. Fúck the feelgood factor at home games. I'll sit in silence with no one sat within 25m of me.
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(17-07-2015, 19:22)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: That statement has come straight from the book of Mandaric. Published to keep us happy but in the grand scheme of things says nowt

Buy a membrship and then buy your tickets (which are vastly inflated) and eventually you'll start saving money. Load of bull shit that doesn't wash with me

"we're all in it together" seem to remember another multi millionaire (and his multi millionaire mates) spouting that crap 5 years ago.

A lot of people refused to believe him a few months ago when he first took over & said he would do whatever to get us in the PL in two years. They said, we will not buy STs until he brings in some better players. The fans that showed faith in him then & trusted him have been rewarded with great discounts and their faith being repaid by some great signings.

Those who lacked faith back then now have another opportunity, as DC has shown he means business, by taking up the latest ST offer or even the Membership offer. No previous owner has piled money in like DC.

If you think it is crap then you won't be getting on board. This is going to be a great ride that will take us to the PL in the not too distant future. Some fans can't/won't get on board. I predict in a couple of years time, getting a ticket will be difficult and as DC said, those who show their faith in what I am doing will be rewarded.

I suspect next season that prices will go up again but will be held for those that bought STs for this season.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I'm going to put it out there now ...

If it means paying £60 odd quid a game at home for a ticket in the prem then I'd rather the prem fuuck off up its own arse and the championship become our top league. No way do I want to pay that much to sit in 12th every season doing xxxx all. Thats not what football is to me.

Arsenal can fuuck off
Chelsea can fuuck off
both manc teams can fuuck off
tottenham can fuuck off
liverpool can fuuck off
anyone else who thinks its alright to take the piss out of the fans can fuuck off
they can all fuuck off and join the european super league and all fuuck each other using £50 notes as condoms.

I hope sky and BT go bust and I hope they're reading this because they've ruined this game with all the money
Maddix likes this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(17-07-2015, 20:45)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: I'm going to put it out there now ...

If it means paying £60 odd quid a game at home for a ticket in the prem then I'd rather the prem fuuck off up its own arse and the championship become our top league. No way do I want to pay that much to sit in 12th every season doing **** all. Thats not what football is to me.

Arsenal can fuuck off
Chelsea can fuuck off
both manc teams can fuuck off
tottenham can fuuck off
liverpool can fuuck off
anyone else who thinks its alright to take the piss out of the fans can fuuck off
they can all fuuck off and join the european super league and all fuuck each other using £50 notes as condoms.

I hope sky and BT go bust and I hope they're reading this because they've ruined this game with all the money

I can get this feeling.

It is like there is a glass ceiling and the top four places in the PL are sewn up between Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal & Liverpool.

Clubs like Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham & Stoke have nowhere to go other than surviving in the PL for another season or winning a cup.

I said a couple of years ago to my son that once we get to the PL then the fun stops. We either struggle season after season or we get relegated. Neither are particularly appealing.

A mate of mine who supports West Brom says that it isn't much fun apart from the odd good win and he almost looks forward to being relegated so they can start winning every week.

Having said that, if we were competing for the CL then it might be different.
consilio and Maddix like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Those were the days Thumb up when no one had a clue who would win the League, 1st division, EPL, whatever you choose to call it Whistle at the start of a season Thumb up

There'll never be anymore Forest's, Derby's. Ipswich's or Wimbledon's Angry and frankly, it's shit Angry
Statesideowl, madsteve, consilio like this post
and complicated

If it means paying £60 odd quid a game at home for a ticket in the prem then I'd rather the prem fuuck off up its own arse and the championship become our top league. No way do I want to pay that much to sit in 12th every season doing **** all. Thats not what football is to me.

But as you point out yourself, this season you are paying 11 quid a game, I assume on a student discount, so I don't think he is going to ask for any season ticket holder to pay 60 quid a ticket.  I think he has done this to improve, or even force, season ticket sales, he wants fans to commit like he has done, albeit at a lower cost.  If you are a fan that goes to 10-15 home games per season, then I think he will make it so its better for you to get a ST and attend every game if you want.  I even wonder if you might see ST prices at least stay the same for a few seasons, maybe even go down in the prem due to the immediate increased revenue streams, but he will ask those who only attend a few games to pay more, not great but supporting your ST holders should be the first priority!!
(17-07-2015, 21:27)St Charles Owl Wrote:

But as you point out yourself, this season you are paying 11 quid a game, I assume on a student discount, so I don't think he is going to ask for any season ticket holder to pay 60 quid a ticket.  I think he has done this to improve, or even force, season ticket sales, he wants fans to commit like he has done, albeit at a lower cost.  If you are a fan that goes to 10-15 home games per season, then I think he will make it so its better for you to get a ST and attend every game if you want.  I even wonder if you might see ST prices at least stay the same for a few seasons, maybe even go down in the prem due to the immediate increased revenue streams, but he will ask those who only attend a few games to pay more, not great but supporting your ST holders should be the first priority!!

I thought 'closed shops' were outlawed by the f ucking cow from Grantham  Whistle
and complicated
(17-07-2015, 21:25)Maddix Wrote: Those were the days  Thumb up when no one had a clue who would win the League, 1st division, EPL, whatever you choose to call it  Whistle at the start of a season  Thumb up

There'll never be anymore Forest's, Derby's. Ipswich's or Wimbledon's  Angry and frankly, it's shit  Angry

I know we all thought that at the start of the season but if you look back before the prem existed three of the top 5 teams you see now, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal won 70% of the league titles anyway.  Sure Derby, Everton, Forest and L**ds broke that up a bit but did it with exceptional teams even by todays standards but if you go back to the great Bill Nicholson Spurs team in 1960-61, including that season only 12 teams have won the title over the next 54 years!!!  The top flight in England has during my lifetime always had teams you could consider were dominant for a number of years, with little chance of others winning much at all.

But you are right, there was a chance it could happen for your team, but that now sadly has virtually disappeared.  We are still not as bad as Scotland (1 winner now every year), Germany (1 winner + a couple of possibles), France (2 winners) or Spain (2 winners + 1 possible), but it will be very difficult to get a CL spot as we stand for anyone other than the top 5.

(17-07-2015, 21:31)Maddix Wrote:

I thought 'closed shops' were outlawed by the f ucking cow from Grantham  Whistle

Its not a closed shop, its open to anyone who can afford it!!! Whistle

The value of being a ST holder has gradually been eroded over the years. It used to be a 7.5 match discount, it worked out as three last season compared to pay as you go once special deals were taken into account. Not great when I missed one due to holiday and we had others on TV so could have skipped those if I hadn't paid already.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed