Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
What if we start well and are up in the top 6, would people pay to go then?

Westwood picked up an injury in training, will miss the York game on satdi.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
It's not about wanting to go Kev it's about affording to go.
Maddix likes this post
Just to give you an idea of how silly ticket prices are getting in this country(not just at Wednesday but everywhere)

I've applied for 8 Euro2016 tickets for next summer at a cost of €25 a ticket and €15 delivery, at today's exchange rate that's roughly £155>8=£19.38 inc delivery

So less than £20 to see Europes finest...and possibly Wales and Scotland
consilio likes this post
If you cannot afford to go to all 23 home matches, you can see at least 18 next season for what you paid last season.

A fan supports the best they can. If you cannot afford every match then go when you can afford it.

No-one should be judged because they cannot afford tickets.

McGugan Signs!

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/w...sday_move/?
Statesideowl likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
id say we pretty much have the team for a playoff push now !! but it still remains to be seen if bus may and laverey are good enough ? so will we sign a striker or will stick with the chances of one of these three ?

And seriously the ticket prices are a xxxx disgrace and paying anything over 20 pound is taking the xxxx piss if you ask me !!

I will probably never go to Hillsborough again due to the fact im never coming back to engand !! but if i was there an earning lets say 1,000 a week like i use to in london . i certainly wouldnt just throw 10% of that away on wednesday every week ? maybe every other month ? but every week and its getting like paying the electric bill !! your all mad !!!
Statesideowl likes this post
Pretty sure we will bring in a striker better than what we currently have.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I think Bus may surprise a few.

A striker and one more wide man and I'd be very happy with this summers business
peiowl likes this post
Just been on a Bristol City forum, alot who were looking forward to coming wont be if they have to pay £40.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
MS!

You make some very good points, as usual.

I feel a lot of fans were expecting a wealthy businessman of DC's stature to invest first, then slowly bring prices up on the fans as we begin to succeed.
Raising prices to the extortionate (in some opinions) leaves the fans feeling like it is they whom are paying for the club to move forward. Not only that but we're an ex coal mining area in the North, we've massive pockets of working class families living on the bread line. As you said, you are fortunate enough to afford the price hike. I'm not saying you're unable to see the flip side of the coin because you've stated above you're understanding. But, surely it does affect your perspective? Not feeling mugged by the prices I mean.

It's too much too soon (for some of us) when we don't really know our Chairman. Only a fool expects gold to rain from the sky, but there has to be a median. Turning your fan base upside down and shaking their pockets out is a horrendous move as a new, unknown Chairman and supposed member of the community..

He's rich, he could've floated this for at least a season, this smacks of money and not football.. Something we've NEVER been about at S6

Some could argue we're not even about football Whistle
Maddix and Daffodils on the piano like this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Just seen the price of day tickets for the Kop where I like to sit,£39.Thanks but no thanks,it feels as if I am being ripped off by the club I have been supporting for 50 years.I do not want a season ticket because I can't get to all games.I might get to a few games but no where as many now.I though it might have gone up to £30 but a £13 pound jump is a bit much.If it was Premier League opposition then it might justify it but xxxx me it's Bristol first game.
I know people who used to scrape the £26 together last season,how they'll manage it now I do not know.Just hope the xxxx prawn sandwich brigade aren't moving in.
I love the Wednesday and am glad to see us trying to move forward but losing fans along the way is not a good move.
Come on Mr C. give us a break,as has already been said by others we do not live in an affluent area like London.A lot of people are on basic wage and struggle to put food on the table,I volunteer at a food bank and know how hard it is still out there.
Not a good move at all.
Maddix and Thurnscoe_OWL like this post
Nothing changes,again.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed