Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(15-07-2015, 21:29)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: Like that idea stateside Thumb up
or something like £80 for a "family" of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids), £100 for 5, £120 for 6 (2 adults, 4 kids). You'd then have mates grouping together to take their kids and overall be increasing revenue.

I just think it's a bit too simplistic by the owner to just think putting prices up will increase revenues. This is not london we're talking about, this is Sheffield. People round here need an incentive to go and pay even £30. £42-£52 is going to put people off going unless we're at the top of the league

(15-07-2015, 21:17)peiowl Wrote:
(15-07-2015, 21:15)consilio Wrote: Lavery and May wide of Nuhiu.  We are playing 433

Doh Doh Doh Doh

Is Bus injured? Again?

Whats wrong with CC having a look at May and Nuhiu in a game that means nowt? He can then decide whether or not he needs someone new in as a priority.

Nothing, Thurnscoe. Sorry. Please forgive me. I shouldn't have used that icon. It was very naughty of me. I'll be more careful in future. Honest. Laugh
"God Save the King."
Helan and Lee are the other two
(15-07-2015, 22:14)spireitematt Wrote: Just seen the match day prices for your season. Wow your club is out pricing the fans. I don't think that many away fans will be visiting you this season.

I'd say it's split 50/50 throughout the fan base. Half saying we should be paying if we want to challenge and the other half saying it's ridiculous (you don't have to do much reading of this site to see which side of the fence I currently occupy).

I like the red part of your signature (well, not the colour Laugh). Football is not all about the premier league/the money/how many fans you have etc. The vast majority of news outlets seem to forget we have 4 professional divisions in this country and that it is still the game of the low paid working class when you get to L1 and L2, and frankly, half of the wednesday fan base seem to be ignorant to that also.

Football to me is not just turning up to see us play, it is much more of a social outing lasting the entire day. Unfortunately, some of my friends will be priced out of attending when we have high category games.

We've got to a point where teams are going out of business for the amount of money Wayne Rooney earns in a day, which also hapens to be higher than the cost of living for a family of 4 for a whole year.
Money has ruined the game and I only hope that the Premier League and sky/BT implode on themselves.
Maddix, spireitematt, GamblingOwl like this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(15-07-2015, 22:25)consilio Wrote: We played two different sides again pei.  Bus is on at HT and looking lively.  

Matias oozes class, as does Lopez.

Wildsmith now in goal, no Westwood again?

Lachman on at CB with Lees.  Vermijl is on, Melo, Wallace and a few others!!

I know. But, I think I just upset Thurny. So I'm hoping some grovelling will work. Whistle Whistle
"God Save the King."
(15-07-2015, 22:25)consilio Wrote: Wildsmith now in goal, no Westwood again?

We all know he's no.1 CC will be deciding upon his no.2

(15-07-2015, 22:30)peiowl Wrote: I know. But, I think I just upset Thurny. So I'm hoping some grovelling will work. Whistle Whistle

not upset me mate Thumb up I'm just on one tonight Laugh
Just seen the price rises for next season. What a total piss take!! Did I miss the signing of Ronaldo? £39-£42 on the Kop for a game is a joke considering the services we are provided. The South stand moan that the TVs are broke… we never saw one on The Kop!! Are we still getting pies at half time or are we upgrading to £7 prawn sarnies? Does DC think that Sheffield is packed with millionaires and loaded folk? His advisers are clueless if they think that! Wrong city son… London.. that’s where you're thinking about!! Owls fans are loyal but NOT loaded. This is no way to increase the fan base. I was hoping to make more than 4 trips to Hillsborough this season now that we are promised attacking, attractive football. (Last season was WANK by the way!!) We would also be encouraged by attractive prices for tickets! The 1 in 25000+ chance to win a BMW doesn’t wash with me (the price hike will cover that in one game). Many older Owls (I’m 47) live away from Sheffield so with food and transport costs will be looking at about £90 a trip. I don’t have that much spare cash to allow too many trips. Has DC’s advisers pointed out that currently we, as a country, are still coming out of an economic decline? Total crap… the brakes are on full after such a positive Summer so far. Lost the excitement now…
BottesfordOwl, consilio, GamblingOwl And 2 others like this post
1-0 FT
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I know I subscribe to Sky Thurny but its not just for the football Thumb up Its coverage of Cricket, RL , Darts and other sports is excellent Thumb up The movies, on demand, box sets, kids channels etc are top notch Thumb up their unlimited broadband service is excellent (never had a single problem in over six years) Thumb up I see my subscription as an entertainment package for the whole family at less than three quid a day Cool with free phone calls chucked in Wink

It's just a shame that their cash AND the innate greed of the EPL has ruined English football Angry
GamblingOwl likes this post
and complicated
It ended 0-1. Wednesday could have had 6 or 7.

We looked much livelier than against Alfreton and CC has definitely got us knocking the ball around much better.

Looked to have come through unscathed apart from May.

Excited about Matias, he looks a great buy.

Last pre season game for me. Off on my holidays on Saturday.
(15-07-2015, 22:47)Maddix Wrote: I know I subscribe to Sky Thurny but its not just for the football Thumb up Its coverage of Cricket, RL , Darts and other sports is excellent  Thumb up  The movies, on demand, box sets, kids channels etc are top notch  Thumb up their unlimited broadband service is excellent (never had a single problem in over six years)  Thumb up I see my subscription as an entertainment package for the whole family at less than three quid a day  Cool with free phone calls chucked in  Wink

It's just a shame that their cash AND the innate greed of the EPL has ruined English football  Angry

my mum has it. They've just put the prices up for the whole deal to £80 a month, paying all that and it doesn't even include a TV licence. 2 years ago she was paying £40 a month so she's now looking round for other options, trouble is we've not got fibre optic yet in Thurnscoe so options are limited. Sky know this so will charge what they want. I bet the vast majority of the programmes she watches are on freeview as well Doh but she doesn't want to lose Fox, Sky Atlantic or the kids channels
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed