Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
52 to quid to watch us play Rotherham?

I think he's taking the piss
Statesideowl, Washington, Thurnscoe_OWL like this post
those ticket prices are an absolute disgrace and would be even at Premier League level.

No longer the working mans game. If you want to increase revenues then persuade more people to come through the gates at £30 (max), don't take advantage of those that turn up by charging them £52.

Dread to see the cost of my ST next year.

Absolutely disgusting
Statesideowl and consilio like this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Not Surprised.

I said that match day prices would average £38 when ST prices were announced & I was not a million miles out.

DC is serious about promotion. He has paid for a new pitch, a new scoreboard & is part way through buying us an exciting squad that will challenge for promotion.

This is the price we have to pay, sadly.

Seems like a lot of fans still believe in magic beans.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Nothing to do with that Steve, he never said I'll pay for the new pitch etc but I'm gonna whack the prices up. He is pricing families and large sections of the fan base out of the game.
Thurnscoe_OWL and Washington like this post
I can agree with that up to a point. DC has invested a lot already, he will continue to do so. This is wonderful and exciting no doubt about it.

He is also a very wealthy businessman whom can afford to do so, he could have kept prices a little lower until the delivery of the promised land.

This mean 99% of ST holders will need to use a Credit Card.

As for the 'pay on the day' crowd. I can't imagine taking 2-3 kids for a day out to the Rotherham game as Consilio pointed out, imagine how much money that is for most people that could be much more wisely used.

Wrong demographic, we're not all plastic cockney glory supporters up North Big Grin
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
So he want's me to pay £126 (daughter will be 18 this season) plus another £21 ??? for the 11 YO just to get in the ground for the occasional game Doh I don't think I'll be able to justify paying the best part of £250 for a football match.

I know there are various schemes to reduce the cost but there are many people out there who cannot be anything other than occasional supporters due to their other commitments in life.

I suppose Burnley, Blackburn, Preston and the Village are close to me and MK is near the eldest's (wild horses wouldn't get me in Bellend Road) so I think I'll be sticking to away games in future Thumb up Goodbye 'Old Lady' Cry it was nice knowing you Cool
consilio likes this post
and complicated
(15-07-2015, 19:56)Maddix Wrote: So he want's me to pay £126 (daughter will be 18 this season) plus another £21 ??? for the 11 YO just to get in the ground for the occasional game  Doh I don't think I'll be able to justify paying the best part of £250 for a football match.

I know there are various schemes to reduce the cost but there are many people out there who cannot be anything other than occasional supporters due to their other commitments in life.

I suppose Burnley, Blackburn, Preston and the Village are close to me and MK is near the eldest's (wild horses wouldn't get me in Bellend Road) so I think I'll be sticking to away games in future  Thumb up Goodbye 'Old Lady'  Cry it was nice knowing you  Cool

let me know when you're coming through and I'll sort you all student tickets from the SU. They were £9 last season.
Mind you, with the way prices are going up the'll be about £30 anyway Doh

United will get bigger crowds than us in the league below even if we are pushing for promotion

£49 to watch us play Rotherham at home LaughLaughLaugh
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Price, Palmer, Lees, Susso, Dielna, Meadows, Seme, Hutch, May, Nuhiu, Lavery - starting lineup v Ilkeston 2nite.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
It's quite a turn backwards after such a progressive week regarding the new squad shape.

This is why I'm so pessimistic in life. It's Wednesday's fault. Things never stay positive for long Laugh

Lovely new pitch, huge screen Tv... and a half empty ground.

I hope his advisors come up with a re-think, a scheme such as discounts on attending consecutive home (and away?) games wouldn't be bad. fiver off your second game in a row then a quid up to a certain point there after, say 10 games? By the time people have attended ten home games they will be paying what they should have been.
Shouldn't need to be a re-think at all it's a bit extortionate.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Lavery and May wide of Nuhiu. We are playing 433
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed