Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(15-07-2015, 16:30)Statesideowl Wrote: I think fitbit and things like it are great for people and athletes looking to regulate their lives in a healthier way..

Honestly though, I've seen some couch potatoes with them, and what's the point? It's just going to tell them what a lazy fat **** they are, and that they need less sleep and more activity!

You may be onto something here Stateside for the US market.
As an IT guy can't you develop a Fat*****Bit that tracks bags of crisps (chips or doritos etc) double choclate macciatos with extra caramel, hours playing vidoe games etc
http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/match...49345.aspx

Hope there's not too many Cat A or B games this coming season
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Laugh I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to create an app for it.

I can understand the increase in prices, but isn't that about a tenner?
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
I sat on the North last season was £25-£27, The Bristol City game is £42, that's about a 55-60% rise!
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(15-07-2015, 17:53)Owlkev71 Wrote: I sat on the North last season was £25-£27, The Bristol City game is £42, that's about a 55-60% rise!

Looks to me like they are trying to increase revenue and attendances through the membership scheme. With a discount of a fiver per game attending 6 games covers the cost and by then they hope to have you hooked as a regular attendee at the reduced price !!
Of course, this upcoming season if they play the promised attacking football and the results are good, that in itself will help with increasing the attendances.

The home game I saw last year when I was back visiting was dire and by all accounts from the MS match reports so were the rest bar maybe a few.
I would imagine most games will be between C & G categories.
I realised shortly after, I was on the North against Ipswich the back end of the other season and it was 25 then, so 17 quid is a big increase indeed for that CAT game.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Those prices are disgusting
Why is there all this silly banter on a thread about signings and leavings? Huh

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Thumb down

I'll attempt to get us back on topic again. Thumb up

Any suggestions on how we can off load Nuhiu? Huh

A raffle where losing club gets to take him?

Smuggle him out of the ground in a "fancy dress" and enter him in a cross dressing pageant in Brighton?

Slip him a "mickey finn" (look that one up) so when he wakes up he'll be in the Hebrides?

Give him a wacking big helping of tripe and onions? he'll be sick for ages after eating that slop.

Let's get serious guys. Whistle Whistle Whistle
"God Save the King."
Seems to be a growing air of discontent among Owls in social media.

It's natural for the prices to go up having a new owner whom has invested in the club/squad. It's difficult to justify a spike such as these prices though.

If we do make it to the Prem. What will they be then???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed