John Deere Classic

Ryan Moore -1 T88
Kevin Streelman -3 T37

Scottish Open

Justin Rose -5 T6
Jimmy Walker -5 T6
Chris Wood -1 T56
David Howell -2 T39
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(10-07-2015, 10:49)Owlkev71 Wrote: John Deere Classic

Ryan Moore -1 T88
Kevin Streelman -3 T37

Scottish Open

Justin Rose -5 T6
Jimmy Walker -5 T6
Chris Wood -1 T56
David Howell -2 T39

Both fields are tightly packed so most players are still in it, certainly all four of your players in the Scottish. Think Moore has a lot to do in the John Deere as it will probably take at least -16 to win this one.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I am going for one bet on this afternoon's tennis.

I am in pretty decent shape overall with Murray backed to win at 10/3 and Gasquet to reach the final at 16/1.

While Gasquet is a punt to win today, I do feel that he can win a set against a Djokovic who hasn't quite been himself since his defeat at the French Open. Gasquet can be a streaky player so I can see him winning a set somewhere along the way today. I was thinking that 5/4 would be decent odds but by laying the 3-0 Djokovic, I got to lay at 1.67 so pretty much 6/4.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Just about done at the Scottish Open for the day.

Shane Lowry (25/1) -8 Tied 2nd
Branden Grace (22/1) -5 Tied 23rd
Victor Dubuisson ((50/1) -4 Tied 34th
Matthew Fitzpatrick (125/1) -3 Tied 46th
Byeong Hu An (50/1) -2 Tied 62nd

So all five picks make the cut and all have a real chance of at least making a place. Lowry is currently second favourite behind Justin Rose.
(10-07-2015, 12:30)madsteve Wrote: I am going for one bet on this afternoon's tennis.

I am in pretty decent shape overall with Murray backed to win at 10/3 and Gasquet to reach the final at 16/1.

While Gasquet is a punt to win today, I do feel that he can win a set against a Djokovic who hasn't quite been himself since his defeat at the French Open. Gasquet can be a streaky player so I can see him winning a set somewhere along the way today. I was thinking that 5/4 would be decent odds but by laying the 3-0 Djokovic, I got to lay at 1.67 so pretty much 6/4.

Bad day for you at the tennis?

(10-07-2015, 20:00)madsteve Wrote: Just about done at the Scottish Open for the day.

Shane Lowry (25/1) -8 Tied 2nd
Branden Grace (22/1) -5 Tied 23rd
Victor Dubuisson ((50/1) -4 Tied 34th
Matthew Fitzpatrick (125/1) -3 Tied 46th
Byeong Hu An (50/1) -2 Tied 62nd

So all five picks make the cut and all have a real chance of at least making a place. Lowry is currently second favourite behind Justin Rose.

Fitzpatrick is 6 under.  Must have finished strongly
Fitzpatrick picked up three shots on the final three holes so is now Tied for 13th on -6.

Tennis didn't go great but the Murray bet was a long term bet placed weeks ago.

In the John Deere Classic, Jordan Speith has decided to go for it after all. He is -7 which currently has him Tied 10th. Zach Johnson is -8 for Tied 6th. Steve Stricker still has half the course to play but is currently -7 for Tied 10th. Another two shots would be nice.
Another mixed day in the golf for my bets.

Scottish Open

Shane Lowry had his worst nine holes for months, dropping four shots. He retrieved it a bit on the back nine but probably not enough to get in the shake up here. Fitzpatrick shot a 78 to blow his chances. Grace & Dubuisson each shot their third solid round.

Branden Grace -7 Tied 11th
Shane Lowry -6 Tied 18th
Victor Dubuisson -6 Tied 18th
Byeung Hun An -3 Tied 58th
Matthew Fitzpatrick +2 Tied 81st

John Deere Classic

It became the Jordan Speith Show as he fired a second consecutive brilliant round, this time 61, to control the tournament. Shame I didn'y go with him as I flagged up he should win it but 4/1 was too skinny. Glad he is showing form for The Open and we are on at 15/2. For us, Zach Johnson still has a good chance of a place.

Zach Johnson -13 Tied 6th
Steve Stricker -8 Tied 26th
I have already backed Tommy Fleetwood for The Open but it appears he is peaking a week early so I have backed him each way for the Scottish Open with Coral at 15/2. He is two shots off the lead and although it is tight, Rickie Fowler is the only big name up there. It works out at 15/8 for a Top Four finish which is great but he could just win this one.

Current Odds with the leaders over an hour from starting:

4/1 Fowler
7/1 Fleetwood, Luiten
8/1 Jacquelin, Brooks
10/1 Kuchar
16/1 Knox
20/1 Pepperell, Palmer
33/1 Grace, Jiminez
80/1+ the rest
Shame Lowry had a stinker yesterday...

Kuchar looked solid enough for a top 6 finish for me but has started miserably... Shame they both put themselves right in the frame to win it, but look like falling away now
It's an unforgiving course & momentum counts for so much.

Whoever gets on a run could win this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »