Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(10-07-2015, 19:27)madsteve Wrote: One interesting point that CC made in one of his interviews is that he doesn't like to rotate players & ideally he would like to go through the season using just 14 or 15 players. Maybe there will be a reduction in quantity to go with the increase in quality.

Thats a great idea in principle but currently we only have 20 outfield players and are short in a couple areas for any cover at all.  Suspensions and injuries will happen as they do every season, for us to have a push at the playoffs will probably mean certain key players will have to stay injury free!!

The squad is coming together nicely on paper and I like what I am hearing from CC with regards to style of play, lets hope he can find that 14 or 15 players who provide the consistency we will need.
(10-07-2015, 18:53)St Charles Owl Wrote: Still need a LB as well, even if Helan/Dielna can play there that pairing would leave us weak.

I would like to see us go 433 at home and take the game to teams but would be happy with 451 away from home.

433 and 451 flow into each other as the side attacks and defends.  

I think Dielna is decent and I wouldn't be surprised if CC sees him as his first choice LB.
(10-07-2015, 19:41)consilio Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 18:53)St Charles Owl Wrote: Still need a LB as well, even if Helan/Dielna can play there that pairing would leave us weak.

I would like to see us go 433 at home and take the game to teams but would be happy with 451 away from home.

433 and 451 flow into each other as the side attacks and defends.  

I think Dielna is decent and I wouldn't be surprised if CC sees him as his first choice LB.

I will take your word on Dielna, I have seen him play only once or twice anyway, but as we stand one of those two will need to step up their game at LB to keep that spot!!  I know Gray was also a coach at heart but I am really hoping the new coaching set up will not only get the best out of players and formations but will also improve players overall game as well.  We haven't got a great record of improving promising or mediocre players over the past few years!!
(10-07-2015, 19:39)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 19:27)madsteve Wrote: One interesting point that CC made in one of his interviews is that he doesn't like to rotate players & ideally he would like to go through the season using just 14 or 15 players. Maybe there will be a reduction in quantity to go with the increase in quality.

Thats a great idea in principle but currently we only have 20 outfield players and are short in a couple areas for any cover at all.  Suspensions and injuries will happen as they do every season, for us to have a push at the playoffs will probably mean certain key players will have to stay injury free!!

The squad is coming together nicely on paper and I like what I am hearing from CC with regards to style of play, lets hope he can find that 14 or 15 players who provide the consistency we will need.

I think this suggests that he won't make wholesale changes for cup matches and that he will pick one striker & the other three won't play other than the odd 10 minutes here & there.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
semi hutch and lee will get injured at some point we still need another playmaker in the middle and a proper laft back or we will be all lopsided in defence !! dielna and helan are squad players in my mind and not first team left backs !!
I think the problem with Dielna is that he is naturally a CB. Can he adapt to become a first team regular at LB? I think he can.

Only one will tell, or CC will bring a LB in tomorrow?!?!

Well Deaf John better get room 101 sorted out sharpish then  Laugh
Thurnscoe_OWL likes this post
and complicated
Big Dave leaving? Please be true!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
(10-07-2015, 21:39)Southeyowl Wrote: Big Dave leaving? Please be true!

I've seen the rumors but surely if he was to leave it wouldn't be to Boro and wouldn't be for the 5m that has been suggested!!!
(10-07-2015, 20:50)Maddix Wrote:

Well Deaf John better get room 101 sorted out sharpish then  Laugh

Should make it so they dont want to go back.

harder treatment tables, spikes on the chairs, electric shocks everytime you turn a light on, puddles on the floor, rusty tools hanging on the wall that the physio/doctor tries to use before actually treating players, no fit doctors like at chelsea/ac milan we should hire fat hairy greek blokes to rub them down.

any more suggestions?
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed