Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Wallace and Price, Nice to see a few UK players come in with experience. I think Wallace could definitely do a job for us.

Rumour that we're also linked to 'Preki' in a coaching capacity

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/former-...sday-role/

Again, I completely forgot about Hutchinson. this is the make or break season for him. If he can't stay off the slab, or stop being carded this season we have to let him go.

It's great to have full blooded players but not at the cost of such liability.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
I've heard that Tom Lees is going to Hull. Will be a big loss if true
(10-07-2015, 15:41)consilio Wrote: I've heard that Tom Lees is going to Hull.  Will be a big loss if true

Would explain signing 3 defenders, if that story is true.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I hope not, I'd be gutted if Lees left. I consider him a solid CB. Something not seen by us for too long. If he wants to leave that's one thing. We should do everything possible to make him stay.

If we build a solid enough back and middle line we might get away with what we already have up front and look into bringing in a forward on loan, try and get an out of favour Prem league striker, I'm sure we could afford 500k for a season long loan of a good striker.
Just another option instead of a knee jerk 5M signing like Murphy
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(10-07-2015, 14:56)Owlkev71 Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 14:51)Imre varadi Wrote: still 3 players short of a promotion push !!! left back and 2 center midfielders because hutch lee and semi will spend time on the slab !!!

What about a striker, that might help.

We can make do with the 4 strikers we have until the loan window opens surely? Lavery is coming on well, May obviously has talent, we spent money on Bus who we only saw 4/5 times and Nuhiu is also a different option to have there and was our top scorer last season. If we get to October and we look to be struggling to score up top then we'll get a loan in.

Last season we struggled with goals from all over the pitch and this is what we should look to fix first. Cant remember a defender scoring (Dielna doesnt count cos he was CM v Blackburn) all last season and if you take out maguire's penalties then Lee was our top scoring midfielder on 4

I''d say 4 players in; LB, winger, 2 attacking cm. After these we should then be looking at a striker.
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Glad we signed Wallace. Thumb up

Nuhiu should be shipped out on loan if anyone will have him.

We could try with the remaining strikers we have. Huh

but a proven goalscorer would be a big plus. Thumb up

Now, don't give me flack for daring to say that Nuhiu should be loaned out. Doh
"God Save the King."
We need a proven goalscorer. Lavery, May and Bus are all young and inexperienced. They need an established CF to play alongside.

Nuhiu may have his uses. Little point in loaning him out.
Don't want to spend the thick end of 5 mill on Murphy, we have money but need to spend it wisely!! I think we will start with two from May, Lavery and Bus against Bristol City, the places are up for grabs so hopefully there is a lot of competition and hard work going into training from those three to win their starts!!

Wallace should be a solid signing, a second decent winger in a week, unheard of for us!!
We will bring in a CF before the start of the season

(10-07-2015, 17:35)BSt Charles Owl Wrote: Don't want to spend the thick end of 5 mill on Murphy, we have money but need to spend it wisely!!  I think we will start with two from May, Lavery and Bus against Bristol City, the places are up for grabs so hopefully there is a lot of competition and hard work going into training from those three to win their starts!!  

Wallace should be a solid signing, a second decent winger in a week, unheard of for us!!

If he gets us promoted he will be worth every penny
(10-07-2015, 17:37)consilio Wrote: We will bring in a CF before the start of the season

(10-07-2015, 17:35)BSt Charles Owl Wrote: Don't want to spend the thick end of 5 mill on Murphy, we have money but need to spend it wisely!!  I think we will start with two from May, Lavery and Bus against Bristol City, the places are up for grabs so hopefully there is a lot of competition and hard work going into training from those three to win their starts!!  

If he gets us promoted he will be worth every penny

If any of them get us promoted they will be worth every penny!!!  Anymore news on Lopez joining us??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed