Thread Rating:
Tottenham vs WBA - Match Thread
This was said last week and it didn't happen. I'm so hoping this time its true and we can really see what AI has about him
2-1 to Spurs. Lescott to start and a solid defensive display with us holding out for a 0-0 at half time. But showing nothing up front we will be unable to hold out.
After predicting 0-3 Swansea and 0-2 Everton I am on a roll.
Shame the Albion aren't.
(19-09-2014, 12:55)JazzyWBA Wrote: According to Official website we have full complement of players training so no " he is not fit, he is not ready or he has not had a full pre-season" excuses to fall back on. Here's hoping he picks the best 11 and we give it a right go.

Not strictly true Jazzy, just because a player is in training does not mean they are either fully fit or especially match fit.
Foster

Gamboa Lescott Olsson Pocognoli

Mulumbu Gardner

Berahino Sessegnon Brunt

Anichebe.
Well, a draw for Newcastle this afternoon puts us bottom of the league. At least we can't sink any further. Time to turn it around.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Well you never know eh ? Perhaps A.I will see the light and pick a younger more attacking team.
Perhaps we will hit them with pace on the break and grab an unlikely win at the lane.....
Then again, perhaps not :-(
We have nothing to use - attack, attack, attack.

We now apparently have wingers - I want to see what they can do.

A full-on onslaught from the first minute and back-up from all quarters - don't give 'em a second to think.

I'd rather lose like that than sitting deep and packing our box hoping to keep them at bay (which is what I think will happen)

Come on Al, make us proud!!!  

I can go a step higher than Aston Villa
Alan Irvine on tomorrow's game:

....Albion have not won at White Hart Lane since 1984 but Irvine insisted that, while his team will be wary of the threat Spurs possess, they are not going there to just sit back and defend.

"You certainly have to be mindful of the way they can hurt you," he added. "They've got a lot of attacking players and real threats from individuals.

"We have to be mindful of that but we've got to make sure we don't give them too much encouragement at the start.

"We need to be right defensively but we can't be passive. We can't just sit back and let Tottenham come at us for 90 minutes because, with the quality they have got, they will open you up.

"So we have to be organised and structured but also positive and aggressive."

Sounds promising, but will that materialise? Let's hope so..... Thumb upRolleyes
The cherry on top for today, Amalfitano has just bagged three points for West Ham...
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Real Madrid have just won 8-2 away from home.
Why shouldn't we? Rolleyes
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »