Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
You're probably right there, MS. I found it difficult to chew that they still made the comments after he left.

If in my profession, the average career span was about 10-15 years. And a shit manager stifled my game/progress for 3 of those years, I wouldn't be thanking him whether he picked me or not.
Unless, I simply didn't care.. which I don't think most of the released group did.

I'm not in any way saying openly dissenting against management is appropriate. I feel a manager that isn't open to change or listening to his players is just as bad as having a squad of journeymen. Forcing square pegs in round holes for example, yet none of the pegs got bent out of shape pointing out they would be more effective in their natural hole...

Lotsa holes!
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Rumour out there that Huddersfield have had a 475k bid turned down for McGugan. Doesn't seem we are pursuing him, maybe we don't value him highly enough to pay over half a mill for him??
Really? 750k is worth a punt. As you say though SCO. He might not fit to mould any longer.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(04-07-2015, 15:29)Statesideowl Wrote: You're probably right there, MS. I found it difficult to chew that they still made the comments after he left.

If in my profession, the average career span was about 10-15 years. And a shit manager stifled my game/progress for 3  of those years, I wouldn't be thanking him whether he picked me or not.
Unless, I simply didn't care.. which I don't think most of the released group did.

I'm not in any way saying openly dissenting against management is appropriate. I feel a manager that isn't open to change or listening to his players is just as bad as having a squad of journeymen. Forcing square pegs in round holes for example, yet none of the pegs got bent out of shape pointing out they would be more effective in their natural hole...

Lotsa holes!

If you are an average SBC player (Maguire, Zayatte, Mattock, Nuhiu, etc) and are getting around half a million pounds per year for 10-15 years then you will love the guy that agrees to pay you that money & picks you for the team. A shit manager isn't stifling their progress. By keeping the team as an average SBC team, he is keeping them in a job & giving them first team football.

If we take off & get promoted, all those players will be left behind & be looking for a new club. Hence why Buxton & Mattock are happy to go to Rotherham, Madine to Bolton and Maguire to any bottom half SBC team.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Quiet day over there I assume!!
(05-07-2015, 19:56)St Charles Owl Wrote: Quiet day over there I assume!!

Yeah, we're all hungover after celebrating getting rid of the tax dodging colonials yesterday  Cool
St Charles Owl likes this post
and complicated
I have updated the OP with the three signings we have made so far and with the two players who are leaving after rejecting contracts. Defensively we look fine now, cover in all positions but we still look very thin in midfield. I am expecting the signings to continue over the next few weeks, hopefully sooner rather than later. So far we have seen 13 players leave this summer, plus the three loanees we had at the end of this season, so I still expect us to sign or loan another 5-7 players.
Sounds like Ross Wallace is a done deal

Someone spoke to Ross Wallace at ground. He's told us he's ad a medical and signing today.

Big Grin Big Grin
Illegitimi non carborundum
think we are looking at De Zeeuw as the player to fill Mcgugan role!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
the new away kits as shit as i thought it would be !!
Owlshighgreen likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed