Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
When does the British Open start?
July 16-19 I think.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
That does it im joining xxxx owlsonline !! ffs talk about f ucking boring xxxx !!

Ive joined im called boring bob !!!
Adding

Kristoffer Broberg 75/1 (5 places with Bet365)
Brendan Steele 28/1 (5 places with Bet365)
Thongchai Jaidee 30/1 (5 places with Bet365)

for Alstom Open. Just started but these players not started yet.

Adding the following for the Greenbrier Classic:

Graham DeLaet 33/1 (placed for us last week)
Patrick Rodgers 66/1
Chris Stroud 66/1
Seung Yul Noh 70/1

Finally adding Danny Willett at Alstom Open at 28/1. Off in half an hour.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
French Open

Martin Kaymer 25/1
Victor Dubuisson 45/1

Greenbrier

Patrick Reed 28/1
Graham Delaet 30/1
Louis Oosthuizen 30/1
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I don't follow Golf closely enough to bet on it but I might pinch a couple of your tips and see how I get on..........
(02-07-2015, 10:55)Owlkev71 Wrote: French Open

Martin Kaymer 25/1
Victor Dubuisson 45/1

Greenbrier

Patrick Reed 28/1
Graham Delaet 30/1
Louis Oosthuizen 30/1

We seem to be on the same page for the Greenbrier.

Dubuisson is another good pick. Had him on my long list. Not really liking Kaymer at the moment. Feel I need to see him win or consistently challenge before I have him in my corner.

(02-07-2015, 10:58)consilio Wrote: I don't follow Golf closely enough to bet on it but I might pinch a couple of your tips and see how I get on..........

The beauty of golf betting is that you can back five players & if one gets 5th then you get your money back.

I often find a profit without a winner by getting two places. The big profit comes when you get that winner. Jordan Speith was only 9/1 for the US Open but provided a tidy profit. Picking 66/1 players to challenge is realistic most weeks.
consilio likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Great start from David Howell. 3 under through 5
Howell is always on my radar.

He often makes decent starts. Needs to stop fading away.

Play could be affected today by thunderstorms.
Great morning for OwlKev with Dubuisson joint leader at -3 from the morning starters. More than happy with Danny Willett on -1, currently tied 6th & Donaldson Par, tied 17th.

I want to mention the other joint leader, Bernd Wiesberger (Burnt Cheeseburger). This guy flatters to deceive more than anyone on the European tour. His average score in final rounds is four shots higher than his average score in his first rounds. He is often in discussions for tour events but invariably lets us down. One of my buddies suggested backing him to be first round leader and that has proved to be a profitable bet each way. One to bear in mind in the future.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »