Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Like Semedo, it is a good short term signing.
consilio likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
are people starting to mellow out a bit now then? Obviously things are happening behind the scenes and we just have to be patient
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
It's not that nothing's happening Thurny. It's the choice of management team. I'll moan on here about it but am always 100% behind the team and management at the games.

3 good signings in Lee, Semedo and Loovens.

Hopefully we can hang on to Lees and Westwood as well.

Can't wait to find out which players the committee are looking at bringing in
Thurnscoe_OWL, Statesideowl, Owlkev71 And 1 others like this post
not a dig at anyone on here in particular consilio Thumb up Everyone is entitled to their opinion and whilst some think this management team is a bad idea I'd hope they at least are open minded enough to wait and see before writing it off as a failure

This was more at those elsewhere (*cough*owlsatlk*cough*facebook*) who complain that nothing is being done, we've not signed messi and ronaldo yet with mourinho as manager and DC is not talking to us.
These were the same fans who got on at Milan for talking too much Doh

The way I see it; if there's nowt to say don't say owt.
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
It's not the management team principle I'm against as such. I just wish we had higher ambitions than Carvalhal and Cooper.

I'll give them a fair crack at it, I'm the most patient of Wednesdayites.

Just checking my profile pic should remind you of that Smile

Onwards and upwards, WAWAW!
Owlkev71 likes this post
(24-06-2015, 14:02)consilio Wrote: It's not the management team principle I'm against as such.  I just wish we had higher ambitions than Carvalhal and Cooper.  

I'll give them a fair crack at it, I'm the most patient of Wednesdayites.

Just checking my profile pic should remind you of that Smile

Onwards and upwards, WAWAW!

The biggest thing was to get the structure right. I think that is happening.

Our biggest problems last season on the pitch IMO were poor tactics, lack of ambition and under achieving players.

CC is an expert on tactics so this goes a fair way to addressing this. I expect that we will have a standard formation across all SWFC teams and it will be flexible (like the Barcelona 433) to adapt to changes required during each match.

MC shows great ambition to win. Swindon scored plenty of goals last season & still kept 14 clean sheets.

I know some may not agree but I thought many of our players under achieved last season because of SG's rigid tactics. All the strikers suffered because SG valued chasing back higher than being ready to score when a chance came.

For the first time this century, we are getting into shape to get promoted. It might not be this season & there might be casualties along the way but we are getting into the right shape.
Was Wereham Owl likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
If CC is such a master tactician why has he been unsuccessful everywhere he has been. Also, why has he never been employed at a big club. I doubt very much if he knows much about the Championship as well.

There are so many better head coaches out there than Cooper.

I like the system and the whole philosophy. I think we could better implement it though.

Has Bullen stayed or was he culled when SG and Deehan left?
Statesideowl likes this post
(24-06-2015, 14:18)consilio Wrote: If CC is such a master tactician why has he been unsuccessful everywhere he has been.  Also, why has he never been employed at a big club.  I doubt very much if he knows much about the Championship as well.

There are so many better head coaches out there than Cooper.

I like the system and the whole philosophy.  I think we could better implement it though.

Has Bullen stayed or was he culled when SG and Deehan left?

I don't know them personally so I am speculating slightly.

Maybe CC has problems in relationships with players. He appears to be very highly rated as a tactician. I was hardly aware of him a month ago so maybe that is the reason big clubs have bypassed him.

There may be better HCs out there than MC but we don't have a free choice yet. He may be the best we can get who wants the job, who appreciates our structure.

Bullen is still at the club as are the other eleven coaches employed by the Club. Only SG & Deehan were axed.
consilio likes this post
It's nice to have plenty to talk & speculate about for a change.

I agree the new system sounds positive, I think most of us have pointed out the need to adapt to the modern game, the old method certainly was not working for us.
Again, it's just the addition of an unknown hardly instills the ambition stated by DC

Would love to be proved wrong of course, it is possible this new management 'Trident' could be the next best thing since the half time pie!

If CC truly is the tactician it certainly adds a dimension we never had previously. He can watch the videos of teams, and formulate tactical plots for Cooper to apply. Something I don't think Gray ever did. This aspect of the new idea excites me and can only be positive further down the line, at such a time we are able to attract top coaches and managers in. Big Grin
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
On this day 32 years ago, Wednesday appointed Howard Wilkinson as the new Manager in succession to Jack Charlton.

There was fan outrage that we had appointed an unproven person as Manager and someone who wasn't a big name.

Eleven months later, we were promoted to the top flight for the first time in 14 years.

Could history be about to repeat itself?
peiowl likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed