Thread Rating:
Scottish Independence
Perth & Kinross goes 60% No, and South Lanarkshire 55%.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Big surprise that result in Perth, a huge SNP area!!! Does not bode well for Yes!!
Good to see CNN displaying a sterling grasp of mathematics...

[Image: Bx2_Zw_Om_CYAAxp_Z.jpg]
St Charles Owl and Amelia Chaffinch like this post
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Only 3 wins so far for the Yes campaign, that is by no means good enough. If this continues there will be an internal investigation in the SNP as to what went wrong after big gains in the polls over the past few weeks!!

Glasgow votes 195k Yes, No 169k, nice win for Yes but not big enough by a long shot!!!
Yes takes Glasgow with 53%, but it's not the landslide they really needed...
120k didn't vote in Glasgow, not enough to make a difference to the totals but a significant number in comparison to the rest of the country!!
Woman with particularly lovely accent in South Ayrshire declares a No win with 58%.
(19-09-2014, 06:06)Ska Wrote: Woman with particularly lovely accent in South Ayrshire declares a No win with 58%.

And she had a mean stare at those drowning her out during her declaration.
East Ayrshire follows suit with a 53% No victory.
Another surprise result in East Ayrshire, an area of high unemployment and working class roots.

BBC officially declares that Scotland will vote No!! The UK stays together for now!!

Edinburgh declares a huge win for the No campaign and now the win is looking quite easy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »